Chapter Twenty Eight

Cassidy's pov-

I could hear muffled voices as I began to regain consciousness, however the voices didn't sound like Andy or Ash. Blinking my eyes open I cringed at the bright lights above me and I came to realise that I was no longer at Andy's house. I tried to focus my vision more and discovered that I was in the hospital, I groaned as the realisation hit me, causing my parents to focus their attention on me.

"Cassy!" my mum pulled me into a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around her as I glanced towards dad over her shoulder. "How long have I been here?" I asked as I flopped back down onto the bed "around four hours, we got here as soon as Andy called" my eyes widened as I remembered he wasn't in the room "where is he?" dad raised his brow "he's just outside with Ashley, they went into the restroom, Andy looked a little dazed, I think he's just worried". As soon as he finished speaking I began to climb out of the bed, however I was soon stopped by dad "you need to stay in the bed Cassidy, you need to rest for a little bit" I groaned, I knew deep down why they had gone into the restroom together but I forced the thoughts to the back of my mind, I needed to focus on myself for now. "So, what's happened?" mum stood up, "I'll fetch the doctor to come and speak to you, I'll check for Andy whilst I'm out there" I nodded and closed my eyes as she left through the door at the side of the room.

Not minutes later the door opened softly and Andy poked his head around the door, my dad nodded for him to enter as he got out of the chair he was sitting in, he patted Andy on the back as he left the room leaving Andy to fully enter. He smiled softly as he sat in the chair next to the bed and he grabbed my hand in his, squeezing it reassuringly. "You need to stop scaring me like that baby" his smile turned into a concerned frown "how're you feeling?"

"I'm okay, just exhausted" it was silent for a few seconds, I didn't want to ruin the moment but I couldn't hold back. "So, my parents saw you and Ashley sneaking into the restrooms" he raised an eyebrow at me and chuckled "are you jealous?"

"are you serious Andrew! I'm not stupid" he caught on as he slumped back into the chair "I-"

"I don't want to hear it. I'm disappointed in Ashley too, he was supposed to be helping you, not encouraging it" he was about to speak when the door opened and a middle aged man in a white coat walked into the room, "this conversation isn't over" I whispered towards Andy as the doctor began to introduce himself. "My name is DR. Rodgers, how're you feeling Cassidy?" he asked as he glanced over at the heart monitor that was situated beside the bed next to Andy. "I'm okay I guess, just exhausted", he nodded before looking down at the file again "do you remember what happened?".

I told him the events of what happened, leaving out the subjects that we had been talking about, Andy grabbed my hand as the doctor began to speak again "we have a diagnosis for you Cassidy, you have a severe panic disorder" I nodded, not fully understanding "now that we have a definite diagnosis we can provide you with beneficial treatment which should allow you to overcome the panic attacks" I nodded as Andy squeezed my hand softly, I glanced over to him, he seemed relieved. "So what happens now?" I asked the doctor, he smiled "you're free to leave in the next two hours, I will prescribe you with some medication, take them twice a day and I will book you an appointment in four weeks with a psychiatrist so you can have a chat about how you're getting on" I nodded "what about the therapy that I'm already having?"

"Continue with those meetings, the consultant psychiatrist will be in touch with your therapist. You will have a monthly visit with the consultant just to make sure everything is going smoothly, if you need any other treatment then they will be the person that will discuss all of that with you". I nodded once again before thanking him and he made his way out of the room.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, letting my head rest against the firm pillows "you okay?" I felt Andy's fingers drawing circles on my palm softly, I opened my eyes and smiled towards him "yeah, just relieved that I finally have a correct diagnosis" he nodded in agreement "you'll get better Cass. You're strong" I smiled before squeezing his hand "and you're strong too, we can help each other overcome our demons" he stared at me with nothing but love in his eyes, I moved over and he laid next to me and pulled me into his arms "I'll try my best Cassidy. I love you so much" he kissed the top of my head and I gazed up at him "and I love you too". We laid in silence for a while before my parents strolled into the room, Ashley following in quietly behind them with coffee for everyone in his hands.

-------

Hey guys, I've been so busy recently that updating this has been at the bottom of the list. However, I will now be making in my top priority. Thank you for always being patient 

Enjoy, Comment and be sure to follow me xoxox Katie