Chapter Thirty Two

-Ashley's pov-

Pulling up outside Andy's place I stepped out of the car and made my way to the front door. As soon as I knocked, the door swiftly opened to reveal who I was assuming was James. "You must be Ashley. Please, come in". I shook his hand as I followed him inside, it was strange to be invited into Andy's house by someone other than him or Cassidy.

"So, how's he doing?" I asked as I followed him through to the kitchen "not great. I was actually hoping that you would be able to talk some sense into him". I nodded, unsure of what was truly going on "he's currently on the bathroom floor, he's too weak to help himself and I can't lift his dead weight by myself" I nodded in understanding "how come he's so bad?" I wasn't sure if I really wanted to know "he's trying to quit cold turkey and his body is beginning to shut down without the drugs. I've tried as best I can to persuade him to come off gradually but he's being stubborn."

Following James through the house I prepared myself for the worst, and I was right to do so. Turning into the bathroom it was hard to miss the shocking sight of my best friend slumped on the floor. "Ash" he glanced up at me as I stood in the doorway "what are you doing here?" he groaned as he shoved his weight so that he was sitting up more. I walked further into the room and crouched down next to him "I've come to knock some sense into you. You need to stop being stubborn and take James' advice" he raised a tired brow towards me as he glanced from me to James "you know I can't do that Ash. I promised Cass" I groaned as I grabbed his shoulders, forcing him to look at me properly "if Cassidy was here right now she would be forcing you to take that shit. She's worried enough as it is. You need to do this Andy. For Cassidy."

-Andy's pov-

"I told her not to worry about me" I shrugged Ashley's hands from where they were sat on my shoulders "is she okay, how did her appointment go?" I missed her so much "don't think about that at the minute, your own health is a lot more important right now" I groaned, he wasn't going to listen to a word I say. Frustrated, I looked towards James and nodded "fine, I'll listen to you" he seemed relieved and he swiftly turned and left the room. "You look awful Andy" I groaned in pain as I turned myself to face Ash "I fucking hate myself Ash" tears flooded my eyes as Ashley rubbed my back "you'll be back to your normal self in no time Andy. Just focus on getting better. As for Cassidy, she's doing okay. She's started her new meds so she's just trying to adjust. She's with the guys right now, she's been getting herself worked up worrying about you so we're all just trying to distract her, take her mind away from you to focus on herself. Just as you should be doing."

"Fuck, I really want to see her." Ash was about to reply, however James had returned and he was holding a metal tray in his hand, he handed it to me and I took it reluctantly "it's the smallest amount Andy. Not enough to hit you hard but enough for your body to start cooperating again". Ash smiled reassuringly towards me as I glanced at him nervously "you need to do this Andy. To get better so that you can be reunited with Cassidy". At those words I nodded, I closed my eyes and grabbed the dollar bill from James and quickly sunk the line.

--

-Ashley's pov-

Pulling up outside CC's house I tried as best as I could to forget about Andy to ensure that I didn't cause Cassidy any unnecessary stress. Grabbing the bag of food that I had picked up on my way here I climbed out of my car and made my way up the driveway and into the house.

"Hey guys" I called as I stepped into the living room where the guys and Cassidy were sat watching some random film on the large tv. "Ash. How is he? did you speak- "

"calm down Cassidy" I cut her off, placing my hand comfortingly on her arm. I took a seat on the couch next to her and she immediately turned towards me. "Is he bad Ashley?" her worried eyes watched mine carefully as I struggled to find the words to say "what's in the bag Ash?" CC spoke up from the other side of the room and I glanced at him grateful for the little distraction "I bought food for everyone" I tossed him the bag and he immediately began sharing out the food. "stop avoiding the topic Ashley!" she was frustrated and I couldn't blame her for being worried, "Cassidy, he's alright, he's being well looked after. I promise you" she still looked unsure "he's missing you just as much as you're missing him. He told me to tell you that he loves you and that he'll see you soon" a tear ran down her face and she wiped it away as she forced a small smile "I'm sorry Ash. I just can't stand not knowing what's happening" I pulled her into my side as she rested her head on my shoulder "I know Cassy. Just know that he's getting better. Slowly but surely." She nodded softly and grabbed the burger that Jake had held out to her. The guys were sending me suspicious looks and I knew that I would have to tell them the truth later when Cassidy wasn't around.

()()()()

At around 11pm Cassidy began to stand up from the couch "I should get going guys" she bagan to reach down for her bag when CC stopped her "it's getting late Cassy. Stay here tonight" the guys all nodded in agreement with CC and she groaned "okay fine, but someone needs to give me a ride home tomorrow morning. I have work at 2" CC smiled as he too stood up from the couch "come on, I'll grab you a spare shirt" with that they swiftly left the room.

Not five minutes later CC reappeared back into the room that we were in and he sat back down on the couch. Jinxx soon turned towards me and I sighed "he's not okay is he Ash" he was the first to speak and his words caused everyone to turn their focus onto me "he wasn't when I got there" I quickly told them what had happened, making sure that Cassidy didn't overhear our conversation. "I'm sure you've helped him come to his senses" I nodded towards Jake, "I really do hope so. Not just for his sake but for Cassidy's too".

----------------

Merry Christmas my lovelies. Hope you are all well and are having a great holiday season

Enjoy, comment and be sure to give me a follow xoxox Katie