Chapter Eleven - The Truth

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to apologize for last night" He murmured.

"You did already."

"In person." he replied "The truth is, I was jealous."

"Jealous?"

"I was worried you'd forget about me."

I looked at him and shook my head. I felt an uncontrollable half smile cross my face.

"I couldn't forget about you even If I wanted to Xavier."

"So... you and Noah, official?"
I nodded, but something felt wrong, Standing here in front of him admitting it. I felt like I was cheating on Xavier, which was stupid. We weren't together.

"Well, I hope he's good to you. Tell me if he isn't, I'll beat him up for you"

I smiled and leaned forward, I wrapped my arms around Xavier's neck and leaned my head against his chest. He returned the hug, and for a minute we both just stood there.

"You wrote a song for me" I whispered, moving away from the hug slowly

"Yea" He remarked sheepishly

"Why?"

"It was my way of saying sorry. I knew that you wouldn't know, but I was to proud to say I was an to you, to your face, and I felt guilty so I wrote."

"And the line 'My heart beats for her only'"I whispered.

Xavier shrugged and sat back down. "It was the only sentence ending in only I could think of."

"Well, it's beautiful, no wonder I always felt connected to it"

"I'm glad you did."

Xavier and I talked a while longer. In fact dad and the rest of the band came in some time later and gave him a hard time for skiving off. Around 5pm everyone started showing up. When Isla arrived she and Jay instantly shared glances, but nothing came of it. The were obviously wanting to keep their distance. Noah hadn't arrived, so Isla walked over to me holding a glass of wine.

"Jay told me what happened last night"

"He did?"

"Yeah. Said Xavier was a bit jealous"

"He thinks I'll forget him" I replied.

"You made the right decision you know" Isla replied.

I smiled and nodded, although as I watch Xavier talking to Toni, I wasn't so sure. Toni frowned and looked over at me, then back at Xavier. She shook her head then went to walk toward me. Xavier stopped her.

"I wonder what they're talking about?" I murmured.

"Music probably." Isla said flippantly.

I shrugged, and just as I did that I felt hands wrap around my waist. The contact caught me off guard. It wasn't something I was use to. I spun around, and Noah's beautiful face greeted me. I forgave the unexpected intrusion and smiled.

"Hey you"

"Hey yourself." He replied pressing his lips to my forehead. His eyes drifted from me, and over to where Xavier had been standing. His face grew dark for a moment.

"Your friend Is here" He mumbled.

"He's a family friend. His parents and sisters are here as well."

Noah didn't say anything else because Mom and Dad wandered over the minute they noticed the man beside me. I introduced them, and surprisingly everyone go along. He spoke to my parents like he'd known them forever. Dad took Noah to show him a famous painting he had inside the house. Noah had almost blown his top when Dad had mentioned it.