Chapter 36: Chance

Start from the beginning

"They'll hurt her if we call the police" I said looking at Irene tap away on her phone while Yeri is talking to her.

"Yeri texted saying they're almost done" Nayeon announced and stood on her feet groaning in the process "Let's go home"

There was no way I would leave and go rest knowing Momo is missing and probably in danger.

"You guys can go, I'll take a walk around" I lied sipping the last bit of my chocolate milk. The older women nodded and chuckled as we bid our goodbyes.

"Don't catch a cold!" Sana almost yelled from the distance and I smiled reassuring her that I was going to be just fine.

[...]

It had been 10 minutes since Yeri's last text that informed us their outing was coming to an end.

"She has to be somewhere soon" Yeri followed up with a text and the whole groupchat blew up, the girls' frustration was clear.

"No one knows about this, Hwang!" Irene's voice boomed and I smirked, peeking from behind the bushes. "You have literally ONE JOB. Do it right!" Irene seemed furious while talking on the phone "Whatever, I'm on my way there anyway. Please tell Jisu to just..not be so dumb" the female lastly said before hanging up and staring to walk.

I don't know what had gotten into me but before I knew it, I was following Juhyun. The older even if she was small in size walked pretty fast and for a long amount time.

"What is it again, Hwang?" Irene scoffed picking up the phone. We were at unknown territory, near dark alleys and roads I've never seen before. "You, Lee, the Shins and Choi are the only ones I trusted with this plan, but you had to literally fuck it up" the girl sighed "Is keeping one person in a small room that hard?"

She walked faster into a long and quiet alley. Realizing I could get noticed by her, since there wasn't anyone around, I slowed down my walking and put my hood and mask on. I was carefully hiding behind numerous amounts of objects while following Irene who scolded someone on the phone.

"What do you mean you ran out of food?" Juhyun retorted "Didn't you and Shin went grocery shopping yesterday?" she laughed.

I too fished my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and quickly opened the maps app desperately trying to find where I was while Irene was busy being angry at some person.

"Just make Chaeryoung and the tall one go to the store, it's on me" Juhyun angrily exhaled as I almost tripped over an old box. "If the owner tells them anything just say you're with me" she said before hanging up again and sighing.

"Useless brats" she spoke to herself, kicking open an old door.

I decided it didn't matter where we were and picked up a sharp object from the ground, just in case, as we moved further into what seemed like an old house.

"Jisu-ah!" Irene hollered standing a few feet away from the apartment door and quickly turning her head back, scanning the area around her. I almost shrieked when dropping to the ground and slowly moving behind a huge tree, pulling my mask higher up my face, not that it would make me magically invisible or something.

With the call of her name a brunette came running out of the house and quickly bowed to Irene before speaking. "Chaeryoung and Yuna already left, unnie" the girl spoke and stepped away from the door. "You were in the basement, yeah?" Irene asked Jisu and the latter nodded. "Both you and Hwang can take the rest of the day off, I only need Ryujin, Lee and the tall one" Juhyun said stepping into the house along with Jisu.

I pulled out my phone again and quickly texted the girls.

Is Sana gay?

kimdubu: something fishy is going on

minari: Where are you? Chaeng and I have been looking for you

swendy: what did you do?

kimdubu: i followed irene somewhere

yerkim: why would you do that? she's N O T keeping your love hostage

kimdubu: shut it

yerkim: Make me! Jeez do something about your attitude

kimdubu: do something
about your sister

parkxjoy: Stop guys!!!

godjihyo: Apparently Dahyun is the only one with common sense in this group. GOOD JOB

kimdubu: thanks unnie

parkxjoy: Please don't get yourself in trouble

yodtzu: if she dies im not paying for shit

kimdubu: wow damn tzu thanks

sanazaki: YAH DAHYUN GO HOME WHAT ARE YOU DOING

imnayeon: how did she follow a gang member somewhere away from town without getting caught

kimdubu: it's not away from town.
we got here by foot

yoojeong: can you please not get yourself killed and tell us where you are

kimdubu: idk brb

With that I locked my phone and looked around. When making sure no one was nearby I wandered around the lot, trying to find a way of getting into the house.

"Incoming call from Wendy"

I didn't pick up. If the rest were stupid enough to believe Irene's bullshit I can't do something about. What I can do is help Momo out like how she did numerous times for me.

I moved behind the house and spotted the back door that connected the backyard with the kitchen. The kitchen's small window was open and smoke came out of it.

This my chance.

I walked near the window and dropped to the ground so if anyone was in the house couldn't possibly see me.

"Ryujin-ah" the familiar voice said "Both Yeji and I are free for the rest of the day" Jisu spoke and moved into the kitchen. "Please make sure Yuna won't say some stupid shit and make Irene mad again" the brunette pleaded and Ryujin laughed, exhaling smoke and blowing it away.

"Sir yes sir!" the girl teased "Yeji can you please make something to eat for when I come back home" Ryujin spoke again "Do something right in your life" the girl laughed and a series of whining and mumbling along with some slapping sounds boomed in the small kitchen and out of it.

"Fuck, my break is over" Ryujin mumbled putting off her cigarette and jumping on her feet "Gotta go! Bye" the girl said and waved goodbye.

I held my breath and almost crushed through the wall from pressing agaisnt it too hard when the back door opened reveling one tall and one shorter girl.

"Jisu-ya let's have dinner, I'm starving" the taller girl whined thankfully not bothering to check around in the backyard "Sure, but you're paying Hwang" Jisu replied nudging the Yeji girl on the shoulder quickly making her way to the front door.

The taller shrieked, running behind the brunette "Hey! I'm not paying" she frowned.

"You're such an idiot, Yeji-ah" Jisu laughed and dragged the taller out of the front door.

I agree, Hwang Yeji was indeed an idiot. Because only an idiot could leave the door to Irene's secret open.