TB: One Shot

To my dearest twin bro
(Addrein Castor Castillon),

       I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my illness, I was kind of afraid to do so and I don't want to be admitted in a hospital for long. This may be so sudden pero ito na bro, kukunin na Niya ako, sobrang bait ko na raw'ng nilalang at hindi na daw nababagay ang isang tulad ko sa mundong ibabaw. Hahaha. But kidding aside, I hope you had proved yourself to lolo already, as what I had wanted you to do, so that he can let you go back to Philippines.

       Remember how you keep asking me of why I wanted you to do so and why I wanted to be in Philippines instead of being with you? I still won't tell you though (haha) but please grant my last wish to you and find out the answers as to why I was doing all that cause I want you to be happy bro. Grant my last wish and go back to Philippines for me, please. I know you're always the rebel that you are kaya't kung kinakailangan ay magmamakaawa ako sa'yo para tuparin ang pinakahuling kahilingan kong ito but I will not be around at the time that you're reading this, kaya 'wag mo naman na akong pababain pa sa langit bro para lang magmakaawa sa'yo. Tangina, gawin mo na lang!

       Oh sh1t! Muntik ko ng makalimutan. Kunin mo ang isang bagay na iniwan ko sa isang babaeng kilalang-kilala mo and make sure she didn't know what's inside no matter what.

Ang super gwapo mong kakambal,
Addrei Pollux Castillon

P.S.: Be happy and I'll be more happier for you somewhere.

"And you are always the good and obedient grandson that you are bro." I chuckled upon reading his last letter for me. Ibinaba ko ang sulat sa mesa na nasa harap at tumitig muna sa kawalan.

"Don't worry, I'll grant your last wish. This will be my payment for being not with you when you needed me the most." Napabuntong hininga na lang ako sa nasabi.

Am I really ready to go back to where my home truly lies? Am I ready enough to face what I had left back there? Am I ready to see---Stop there now Addrein! You should really forget that woman who had never been faithful to anyone!

"Lolo, I wanna go back to Philippines, I hope you'll let me."

My grandfather stared at me with full of emotion, mostly sorrow, longing and some regret. I stared back at him too, unmoved. Pero nang ibinaba niya ang sulat na kanina'y binabasa niya ay napasunod ang paningin ko dun. Hindi ko pa man tingnan ay alam ko ng huling sulat rin 'yon ni Addrei para sa kaniya.

He was already two weeks dead. Ni kaalamang maysakit siya, namatay na, at inilibing siya na wala kaming dalawang natitirang pamilya niya ay hindi umabot sa 'min. The servants at our home back in Manila were made to swore by him not to tell us anything. Nalaman na lang namin ngayon nang ang isa sa mga guards namin ay lumuwas mula Manila patungong America dala ang kautusan ng kakambal kong ihatid ang huling sulat niya sa amin.

"It's his last wish I see," wala sa sariling sambit ni lolo at tumayo upang lumapit sa 'kin. I expected him to say no and that I still need to make bargains first before he'll let me do something he never wanted me to do again. But instead, he tapped my right shoulder.

"Just return to me in a complete piece, apo. Wag mong gayahin ang pilyo mong kapatid." He heaved a sigh and tapped my shoulder again, this time in a soothing and understanding gesture.

"And visit his tomb in behalf of me. Hindi ko pa alam kung kailan ko kayang umuwi sa Pilipinas nang dahil sa ginawa niya." He sighed again.