Chapter fourteen

I'm back biTches lmao I'm jk I'm back you very lovely individuals.

~Ponyboys pov~
It's been a couple weeks since then and both me and Johnny do not know how to act. Like we're both super awkward towards each other but the gang keeps on leaning us towards each other. It makes it seem like I have an elementary school crush on him.  It just felt so weird to be around him but now it's school time and we're science partners. Oh god no and of course Steve has to drop us both off. We all got in the car and me and Johnny has to sit next to each other in the back like usual. We both sat there hands in our laps not saying a word. It was just kinda awkward and sad.  Then Steve starts talking.

"Johnnys wearing a really nice outfit...RIGHT PONY." Steve said trying to make me have conversation with Johnny. I'm mad to admit this but Johnny did look really good today but I wouldn't tell him what I really think.

"Yeah you look nice Johnny!" I said with a smile. He thanked me and smiled too. Just a few days ago we were buddies since we were babies now were like two middle aged moms who Hate each-other but go out to brunch to show off to each-other. I really missed Johnny. So I thought if I can't grow enough balls to talk to him what about texting.

Me: hey, I know we haven't been close enough lately but I wanna change that. And I didn't wanna say this out loud bc everyone will tease me

Johnny: Oh it's alright Pony! I've actually been missing you but I didn't know how you felt and I was scared.

Me: oh it's okay I'm just happy we feel the same way!

Johnny: wanna hug or is that just me?

Me: I do too

I looked up from my phone and me and Johnny looked into each other's eyes and wrapped each other into each other's arms. I could smell his natural scent and I loved it. He smelt so good. Like cherries and vanilla. We both didn't wanna let go of each other yet, but Soda and Steve teased us.

"Aww looks like the boyfriends are back together." Soda said. We all laughed then we got to the school. Me and Johnny walked out together but Johnny stopped.

"What are we?" Johnny asked. To be true I was happy that he asked that because I was scared myself because I didn't know how to feel or what to do in these type of situations. I stood there for a second probably looking dumb.

"Uh I don't know what do you want us to be?" I asked. I'm kinda scared he'll just wanna be friends. That's probably all he wants to be. I'm such a fucking idiot I swear to go-

"Pony?! Ponyboy did you hear me?" Johnny asked trying to bring me back to earth.

"Huh what?" I asked confused about my mind. Then I remembered what I was going on about inside my head. "OHHH" I said out loud sounding like an idiot and I face palmed into my hand.

"Pony I said I'd like to be your boyfriend." Johnny said with a cute smile. WAIT WHAT WHAT I CANT BREATHE.

"Wait for real!" I said jumping up and down with my voice going an octave higher. He nodded and I pulled him into a kiss and he giggled and stopped me.

"Not here not right now." He sweetly and softly whispered. I smiled with a big grin that I was actually able to do that.

"Okay....boyfriend...." I said causing both of our to turn cherry red. Today was gonna be a hard day to focus I could tell

Hhhh Ik it's short plz don't be mad at me it's just. A l o t of stress like wtf. Also I kinda wanna write a boyf riends story. I dunno if I should please lemme know.