Chapter five

~Ponyboys pov~
I had school today so I got up and got ready for school. Soda and Steve drove me and Johnny today. It was a pretty awkward drive. It just hit my mind that Johnny doesn't really like me it's just me being silly. I knew what I had to do today. I took a deep breath. We arrived at the school I thanked Soda and Steve for dropping me off and so did Johnny. Cherry was in my first period so it made it easier. I didn't notice that Johnny hasn't came in the class yet. "Cherry" I said. She glared at me and talked back to her friends. "Okay fine then ignore me that's cool", "What do you want Pony?", "I was actually wondering...would you like to be my girlfriend?", "Your apology is accep- Wait what did you say", "How about I show you instead." I told her while I grabbed her chin and kissed her. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Johnny walker in he seemed furious I wonder why. "I-id love to" she said. When I kissed her it wasn't the same as when I kissed Johnny sure it was in a dream but it felt so real. I could feel the sparks tingle through my body when I kissed him. It wasn't lustful but it was sweet and loving. When I kissed Cherry I felt nothing. No fireworks no nothing. Everyone took their seats and the teacher came in. He taught your normal boring history. I kept on trying to get Johnnys attention during class usually we would play around in this class because we were really good at this subject. I would balance my pencil on my lip and hold it there like a mustache and usually he did a little cute giggle when I did this but I got nothing. Not even a smile. I purposely knocked my pencil over my desk and it interrupted the silence and I'm pretty sure it woke a couple people up. Everyone stared at me except Johnny. God I just want him to fucking notice me. After a couple more boring minutes and me trying to get Johnnys attention.

"Hey Johnny cak-" I tried yelling after Johnny when Cherry came to my side. I forgot shit. It hasn't even been one day let alone an hour and I already forgot we were dating. "Oh hey Cher" I said

"What were you thinking dropping your pencil like that! I saw you did it on purpose! You could've got in trouble you know how people treat greasers!" She said hooking our arms together . I raised a brow in confusion.

"Cherry, I think I know how people treat Greasers considering I am one." I said unlinking our arms. "And why do you care so much?" I said as she linked our arms again. This girls a fucking handful.

"You we're trying to get Johnny to notice you. I saw you." She said as I unlinked our arms again. Goddamn why did I do this. "And stop unlinking our arms!" She said. I'm not going to flip. I am not going to flip I am not going to flip. I said to myself about a million times.

"Welp, theres your classroom reading you have it with him. Be nice." I said winking at her as I unlinked our arms and sped walk to the science lab. I sat down in my seat next to two-bit and banged my head on the table and let out a sigh. Two-bit noticed and turned to me.

"What's up buddy?" He said as he patted my back in a friendly manner. Man was I happy to have a friend like two-bit.

"Cherry man. I asked her out today to distract myself from my crush on someone else and she's such a fucking handful. She kept on linking our arms after I unlinked them and it happened again and again and again and. oh my gosh-" I said as I got cut off by the teacher.

"Students this is your fellow class mate Johnny Cade he's going to be in the this class now. And if her needs any help because he's not used to this class help him." She said. Two-bit looked at me and I looked back at him before I put my arm down and slammed my head on my arm. "Hmmmmm you should sit in the only empty chair between Ponyboy and Curly. Well at least I don't have to be bothered by Curly Shepard anymore. He just nodded and smiled and sat next to me. God I just wish I could hold his hand underneath this table and make him smile but nooooo.

"Are you gay or something quit starrin at the new kid" Curly said to loudly whispering so only the four of us at the table could hear.

"I wasn't staring at him I was just starring off into space." I whispered and I glanced at Johnny a bit who was slightly smiling and blushing.

"Will you two shut the fuck up" Two-bit whisper screamed. This caused Johnny to giggle a slight bit and it made my heart flutter just to hear his laugh. Finally I thought.

"So for today's lab I'll be choosing partners!" The science teacher said excitedly. Everybody groaned except for me and Two-bit we were always chosen for partners. "How about.... Two-bit And Marcia...." She said as she named everybody else's partners. "Ponyboy And...." the only two people was that one kid who always works alone and Johnny. "How about Johnny!"

Johnny turned to me. "Hey partner!" He said to me in a soft tone of voice. This was odd. Wasn't he just mad at me? What changed? Am I going to die?! God?

Sorry this chapter was short writers block ;) lol I'll write more promise 💗