Chapter Thirteen

~Ponyboys Pov~
I don't remember falling asleep but I woke up to an annoying repeating noise.

Beep....beep....beep....

"Soda what are you doing?" I mumbled just waking up. This didn't feel like my bed so I started to panic. Then I got a response.

"Lovely to see you too Pony." The voice was familiar but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. Oh it's just fuckin Bob.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I just wanted soda to come in or Darry. "God what is that beeping noise. I opened my eyes but it was all just pitch black.

"Why can't I be at the hospital. I just stopped by to see my boyfriends poor friend Johnny." He stated. Then a whole rush of memories came rushing through my head making my head hurt a bit.

"I. Am not. Your boyfriend. Not anymore" I stated very sternly and codly. I felt like Darry.

"That's where you're wrong. I could easily pull this chord." He said. I don't know what came over me but I longed myself at Bob tackling him down and attacking him. I had tears streaming down my cheeks but it didn't bother me I was still attacking Bob. "GET OFF OF ME YOU PIPSQUEAK!" He yelled. Next thing I knew I was getting picked up off of him by Dally. Then I got a good look at Bob. He was all bloody. His nose and his lips were pretty busted up and he had a cut on his cheek and his forehead and he's probably gonna have a black eye.

"I advise you get out." Dally said setting me back down on the couch bed. I watched Bob run out. "Yeesh kid, what came over you. Thank god I came here to check on Johnny. You started crying and you passed out from crying so much last night, but what happened here.

"Okay so..." I started to explain and I explained everything. I started to have tears well in my eyes because I could've lost Johnny. I could've never been able to see his dark brown almost black curly hair, soft tan skin, amber eyes, and his beautiful precious smile. "I don't know what came over me. I-I just knew I had to protect him with all my strength. Like I can't physically let him go. Not yet. I'm so sorry for what I did. I know I should've told one of you guys, but I thought I could deal with this I didn't know he'd act out like this. I'm so sorry Dally. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm not ready to face reality again. It's scary. I haven't been this sad since...since...since I lost my mom and dad." I finished saying. I covered my face in my hands and leaned back into the hospital couch bed.

"Hey blonde. Don't cry it's alright. I'm kinda pissed that you didn't come to me because I would've pounded the kid then I would've let him know how to not treat innocent people. But I get it you were scared and it's alright." Dally said rubbing my back. I never realized how much Dally has helped me through things. "Just don't tell anyone that I'm being soft. It's because of the situation." He said smirking. I lifted my face from my hands and looked back at Dals face right in front of mine. I could tell that they were just as sad and frightened.

"Hey uh. My throat hurts from yelling so much can we go get something to drink down at the hospital cafeteria or something." I said quietly. Dal nodded and we walked down together. A strange feeling of relief went over my body. I don't know why but it did but I was thankful for it. "Oh wait you did tell Darry I'm here right?"

"Mhm. I thought to let him know sometime last night." Dal said. We made our way into the cafeteria and sat down and talked for a bit. "Oh yeah did you tell you're cute red head friend what's up? Oh shit Cherry. I totally forgot.

"Uh no hold on I'll be right back let me go grab my phone." I said walking back towards the room. When I walked in I wasn't greeted by a closed eye Johnny. This Johnny had his eyes open. "J-Johnny?"

"Pony? What are you doing here. I thought you'd be with Bob." He said. Out of no where a memory came flooding to my head.

"I bet you like loosing too huh Ponyboy." Johnny said placing a winning deck of cards down. He had a smug face on knowin he had won.

"Hmm, just luck I guess." I said giggling. Man was Johnny really something to look at. His hair that swirled in every direction. His beautiful amber eyes that sparkled when they hit the light. His soft and beautiful tan skin. And his plump pinkish lips. And his round as- ahem. He's iN a HosPiTaL bEd pOnY gEt YOURSElF toGetHer.

"Yeah mhm sureee." He said laughing back. He was so cute. "Hey wanna know something Ponyboy." I hummed in response. "I have the hugest crush on...on...on...on Marcia. Yeah Marcia." He said. It kinda hurt my heart to know that he liked someone else.

"Why'd you say it like that?" I questioned laughing. But Johnny was quick in response.

"Felt right." I bursted out into laughter and he started to too.

"Well Johnny if you'd let me explain myself I would tell you what's been happening these past couple weeks." I said hoping he'd listen. He looked at me with a questionable look and finally opened his mouth.

"Fine but you have three minutes go."

"Okay so, Soda, pared me and Bob up. Who knows why. But anyways so yeah that happened and so-"

"Two minutes."

"Okay so Bob forced me to go out with him and if I didn't he said he would kill you. And as days went by he told me to talk to you less and less or he'd hurt Darry and force me and soda to live in a boys home. And... and you see this." I said pulling my arm out from the sleeve showing a purpleish burn mark near the vein of my arm and somewhere on my forearm. "I offered him to smoke with me once. Once. And then he started burning me. So he'd always want to smoke if I mentioned you or someone else did. Like say if-" I said bUt was cut off by Johnny.

"47 seconds." Johnny said with the same bitter tone.

"And I didn't want to come to you or Dally because I was scared that you'd be upset. And then I tried one day I really did I went to go walk over by you, but Bob threatened if I'd tell anyone about what he's doing to me he'd hurt me worse then he's ever had which scared me and I..i didn't want to include you into that fear and pain." I said wiping the tear from my hot cheek.

"Ponyboy I'm sorry you had to go through what you went through but, why are you still talking to me right now do you really care so less about me-" Johnny went to go say. I went and sat down next to him and then we stared talking some more.

"Care so less about you?! Johnny I beat that boy up so badly Dally had to pull me off!" I exclaimed. I could feel my blood slightly boil.

"Then how come you didn't say no didn't say anything to Soda?! Or Darry, Darry would've scared the boy senseless!" He said sounding even more mad. Oh lord we're both mad this isn't good.

"Well damn Johnny how long have you known me for?! Don't you know I'm kinda fucking stupid!" I yelled. I felt bad for yelling.

"Ponyboy I for all of people know you're not stupid! And you jut need to make some good decisions sometimes!" He yelled right back. I t felt weird to be arguing with Johnny like how me and Darry do.

"Wow, just what I needed another Darry! How rich!" I said. And Johnny seemed to be more mad then I've ever seen him.

"Ya know what come here right now." I came closer to him and he slapped my cheek and before I could say anything he pulled my face in for a kiss.