The Council's Ruling

Start from the beginning

"THAT'S MY DAUGHTER!" Gildarts cried hugging her, she pushed him away with her foot.

"Get away from me... God, you smell like you haven't taken a shower in months!" Cana objected.

"A party sounds good to me!" Sting laughed getting on a table.

Acnologia chuckled, only in this guild would they throw a party for the apocalypse... his chuckle however ended shortly and his eyes darkened as the party began.

Splitting up wasn't an option; that would only make it easier for Tyregenium to pick them off little by little... but having them face Tyregenium was even more terrifying to Acnologia. He knew what he had to do... and he knew that none of them would like it.

He slipped upstairs as the party got in full throttle and pried up a loose floorboard. Underneath was Anna's old diary. He gently lifted it up and gripped it's ancient cover and took a deep breath.

"Anna... I need your help," Acnologia prayed looking at the roof, "I need to know if they're ready because... because if I can't do this, they will have to."

He felt magic power radiate from the book and slowly he opened it. The words in the diary had changed.

"My love, they are ready." The words read.

Acnologia read through Anna's notes and plans, a plan of his own formulating. His eyes darkened and he gritted his teeth... this was the only way, but it was at least his way.

"Yo Acno, I where'd you go!?" Serena's voice echoed... he was coming up the stairs.

Acnologia stuffed the book in the floor and returned the floorboard. He ran to the stairs and caught a drunk Serena, "I seriously need to join this guild," Serena laughed, "I've never had so much fun."

"Let's survive the apocalypse first," Acnologia chuckled helping his eldest stand up and walk back down the stairs.

"How hard can that be? You're the dragon of the apocalypse! Can you not simply eat it!?" Serena yelled sparkles appearing around him as he spoke in an epic tone.

"That's not how it works," Acnologia sighed.

"That's what you said about me making brown glitter... and yet..." Serena threw a cloud of brown glitter and smiled, "here we are."

"You are something else," Acnologia sighed as they reached the ground floor.

"You're right! I am a SAINT!... no... I'm a god.... god am I saint? Saint am I a god?" Serena murmured.

"Serena, you are drunk," Acnologia chuckled.

"THAT'S IT!" Serena cried.

Acnologia laughed... no one saw the pain in his eyes when he did it.

Acnologia didn't sleep... while everyone else was passed out on the floor he set spells, enchantments... all with a heavy heart.

'This is a bad idea.' One voice argued as he added the final spells.

'It's the only way.'

'Uh, yeah, to get killed!'

'So be it. We can't drag them into this'

'Who are we kidding, we already dragged them into this....'

'Yes... but that doesn't mean that they have to pay for our mistakes.'

'FOR THE LOVE OF... okay, let's go through this again... We're gonna fight Tyregenium and his entire army single-handedly... that's crazy even for us.'

'WE ARE GOING TO DIE!'

'We go for the head... take Tyregenium out of the picture and the rest of his army will fall. The dragons he controlled will return to normal and the dragons slayers that worship him will scatter. We just need to get to Tyregenium.'

'We are going to regret this.'

'WE'RE GONNA DIE!'

'Do you mind?'

'ACCEPT IT NOW!'

'Shut up.'

Acnologia looked at the door and took one last look at the guildhall... He was going to miss it. He looked to the dragon slayers over in a corner who were sleeping and gritted his teeth... He'd miss them most of all. He took a step out the door and then someone stirred.

"Yo, Acno, where you off too?" Serena asked sitting up. Alcohol went through his system too quickly.

'*Input word*' Acnologia swore internally.