Wayne's Gala: Part 3

Start from the beginning

"I'm afraid she was just the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone petty thief came up from behind her, sticking her dead."

"and, She was oblivious to it all?"

"Mmhm."

"She didn't put up a fight?"

"Yes sir."

The guy in the suit shook his head, his face masked with no expression that Emily could see.

"foolish girl, what have you done?"

He spoke in a soft, disappointed tone.

"Do you know her?"

There was a long pause of silence. His purple gloves ran around the rim of a golden cane.

"No. I am afraid, I do not."

He turned around slowly, walking back into the shadows. Emily was curious, so she pushed her way past the officer to see what they were talking about.

It was a girl, she looked so weak. Her body was bloody and bruised. The girl look innocent, nothing more than a child. That's when it hit her, Emily's eyes focused in on the girl's face and was instantly startled. No. She took a step backwards, at a lost for words. It couldn't be. It was her. How did she not see it before? She was the girl.

The images shatter before Emily, causing her to come to.

How could he not know it was me, his own daughter? Was it my fate to become the next jane doe victim ? Oh no. That couldn't be, no no no. My heart was racing, making me more and more nervous. I was panicking, knowing I couldn't let that happen. If I continue acting normal, I-I won't survive much longer. My brain is deteriorating, becoming just like a simple minded, weakling. I'm wilting away.

I could feel myself panting, I could not let this happen. I can not let myself become like that, weak, vulnerable girl, I just saw. I had to get back in the game, go back to him. The images before me shifted back into the ballroom, my eyes blinking once or twice to take it all. God, my head to aching.

"She's gaining consciousness."

A blurry figure shaked me, gripping my shoulders tightly. I could see blue and red lights flashing in the distance, the loud sound of talking erupting from behind the kid. Everything was so blurry, my eyes couldn't focus on one thing. They close shut, the colors and noise all too much to take in at this moment.

"Em....Em do you hear me? No, stay with me...."

Shit, it was Jason. I could tell by the concern in his voice. He was the only here that could be concerned about me. I sigh, leaning back against the wall. Maybe if I ignore him he'd leave me the hell alone.

"Emily."

I groan, my eyes opening to see him staring at me. "Yes, that's my name."

"How are you feeling?"

"A clown just smashed a wine glass across my head. I feel chipper as hell."

"Yeah, you're okay."

He smirked, seeming to relax at my sarcastic comment. I place a hand on my head which was still spinning thanks to Harley. A napkin had been tied like a bandanna to stop my head from bleeding out. The head piece reminded me of my younger self. Only because I didn't want my father to know when I had a head injury back then so I made it appear as a bandanna, called it a style choice when really I had minor bleeding or a concussion. This one seemed pretty well done for a rich kid. I raise a brow, surprised for once. "Did you do this?"