Countdown

~2 Days Before ~

"Ha! I told you I could eat 2 pints of ice cream!"

Jason rolled his eyes, laughing as my head started to freeze up. Stubborn, I tried to hide the pain it was causing me. "Something wrong Em?" He smirked slyly as if he knew what pain I was in right now.

"Not at all...why?" I squint as my brain started to throb.

"Because the look on your face right now, looks a lot like you're eating a lemon." He breaks out in laughter. "What lunatic wants ice cream in December?"

"Oh shut up. You lost the bet so pay up!" I smirk, leaning back in my seat with arms crossed.

Jason laughed, "you know that's not how truth and dare works Em, there's no payment in the matter."

I frown, confused. "Then what's the point of the game?"

"To have fun embarrassing one another. I can't believe you haven't heard of truth or dare before."

"Is it common game in Gotham?" Not understanding, I ponder the question out loud.

"Let's try the most common game in the world." Jason chuckled. "What did you even play as a child?"

"I didn't...I mean I did I just...it wasn't the normal games people play." I try to explain. No one could or would want to understand how the games I played were different as a child. They included try not to die, cartwheel over laser beams to get icecream and how many people you can pickpocket without noticing was what I played as a child. I was tested, shot at, but never allowed to play games like that. I asked once, my father retorted saying only nose picking, simple minded children played them. My father thought it would ruin my level of intelligence and superiority.

"You must have played with something?"

"Isn't it my turn to ask you truth or dare." I sigh, crossing my arms.

Jason fiddled with his icecream, still believing it was too cold to eat during December. "Fine." He sighed, "Truth."

I tap my chin, what could I ask him. Hmmm. "Did you really ask me to the ball because you thought it would be boring?"

"Yes, amongst other reasons."

"Like what?" I say curiously. The other reasons were what I wanted to know about. He twisted my question around rather wisely. That was what my question was meant to be taken as.

Jason grinned, "only one question per truth. Truth or dare."

I roll my eyes, it was no fair. I wanted a follow up question. "I just did a dare, so I'll go truth."

"Were you serious when you said you liked me or was that the drugs talking?"

"Uh, when was that?" My face flushes red. "Can I veto a question?"

"Not uh...you've got to answer, come on this isn't half as hard as eating two pints of icecream.

"Fine, yes. I do like you. Truth or dare."

Jason smiled, I couldn't tell if he was pleased with the answer or was about to make fun of me. He leaned back in his seat, giving extra thought into his selection. "Dare." I frown, before I can even complaint he added. "Yes that was purposely so you couldn't ask the other half of your question."

"Fine, I dare you to answer the other half of my question." I smirk, being trained as Enigma meant I could get around any loophole. It was like looking at a riddle. You just had to step back far enough to see-

"That's not how it supposed to work." He says spoiling my fun.

"Found a loophole, got a problem with it then I won't go to the ball."