Reckless Behavior

~Emily's POV~

A pissed Jason was waiting for me in the car. Was this the right move? I hesitate with my fingers on the car door. If I turn back now, I would have to face the Commissioner, who would only question me more. No, I needed to get away from the hospital. I wince as my body bends to sit in the car. The pain came from my chest, fractures and broken rib cage. They must have performed some type of surgery on me, I felt the stitches. The limousine was silent as we drove, my mind questioned the location of the drive. Arkham? Belle Reve? A graveyard? Jason wouldn't look at me, his eyes glaring out the window. Time slowed down, making the car ride feel like lifetimes as we drove down the street. In the corner of my vision, I could see Jason's blood knuckles trembling, an urge to hit me again. Is it weird I found him more attractive in this fit of violence? Of course it was, no matter how much I may like him, Jason wanted me dead.

My father always said my sassy comments and stubborn ways would be the death of me. So despite being glad neither of them had spoken to me yet, and the fact they saved me from a long week in the hospital, I failed to stop the urge to speak up. "Come to finish the job?" I snap quietly. He gives me a death look, before Bruce Wayne intervenes, tugging on his shirt. I suppose he didn't want Jason to lose his temper again.

"Miss Nashton, we are at your house." Alfred says kindly as if there was no tension whatsoever in the car. I did like the old man, he always treated me with politeness and respect.

"Thank you." I say, quickly getting out of the car. Jason couldn't handle it any more, he pushed the door open coming after me.

"Master Todd!" I heard Alfred say, seemingly shocked that the teen left the car.

"I imagine you brought me here to grab my things? That way you can send me back to that dumb ass asylum of yours." I head through the front door, noticing how Bruce pulled the car aside to get out. Dare I say his lurking was for my own safety.

Jason shot me a look of disgust, "Just be lucky your not dead right now, Enigma." It felt weird to have Jason say my name. I mean, I know that he has before but just not dressed like that. I move closer to him, staring in his eyes for the first time since he tried to kill me.

"Who told you." I say trying to sound threatening but it was pointless. I liked Jason, I couldn't look at him and be Enigma. It felt like two different sides of me conflicting.

His blue eyes looked coldly at mine. "You don't think I'm smart enough to figure it out. I know what your Father has done, I know what you've done Enigma. You're a monster, a killer, do you really think I could love someone with no heart?"

A knife could have went through my throat at that moment but I wouldn't have noticed. I felt more pain then the broken ribs and fractured lung combined. I didn't understand why his words hurt so much, I knew it was true. I guess, coming from him-I-I just thought he believed in me. I quickly distance myself from him, speechless. I couldn't show him how upset he made me. My vision got slightly blurred from my--allergies. "After everything, you would break your one rule and killed me?"

"Everything? Give me a break, E." He sounded annoyed as his tone rose in volume. "This was just another game, another scheme of yours. You would do anything to stop it from failing, won't you? There was never anything between us."

"But I thought-" He denies me a right to talk, interrupting.

"You thought wrong. I knew the whole time, just playing along to see if you'd sequel on your pops' plan."

My heart dropped inside of me, "Then get the hell out of my house!" I start to go for the stairs, needing to be left alone.

"It hurts doesn't it? To be played with, to think something was real when it wasn't.."