Disobedience: Part 2

-The Next Day-

Memories from the night before were beginning to come back to her. The room was pitch black, she couldn't even see her feet beneath her. One thing was for certain. This wasn't her room nor the place she had fallen asleep.Emily tried to stand before finding the task impossible to make even the slightest movement. A heavy weight was pressing against her chest, making her breathing short. Cold silence filled the room as the young girl started to become nervous. Her voice cracked in panic.

"Daddy?!" Tears streamed down her face, terrified of what was happening.

"Don't worry." The voice belonged to her father, it was stern but mocked her with a false sense of sincere while echoing around the room. Emily was nervous for she couldn't see her dad, all she saw was blackness. "I thought after last night's little stunt of yours-" His voice paused for a moment causing Emily to become on edge. He seemed to know this and waited dramatically to continue his thought. "-you would like to see what I do, maybe even impress me."

The word impress rang about in Emily's ears. Before then that word meant nothing to her. Afterwords it became her goal, her life. Now sitting in her cell that word mocked her, as if it was never meant to be achieved. Her memory continued on,

"Just think of it as a game or if you rather a test."

A dim light went on in the room, revealing a box which had been strapped to Emily's chest. It glowed a light green hue. She had seen her father use these green boxes numerous of times. Only 8 years old, Emily knew what these boxes were made to blow things up.

Dark purple numbers slowly ticked down on it.

"Daddy?"

Emily looked down to see she was still in her pajamas from the night before. A thick rope was tided tightly around her, strapping her to a wooden chair. Tears ran down her face as she began to struggle trying to escape.

"Dad please."

"Silence!"

The threat sent shivers down Emily's spine and she obeyed instantly. She had stop struggling, stop crying, in fear of her father.

A spotlight was forced in her face as she felt the room shift. Her face felt hot with the light blinding her. The young blonde could barley make out a screen inches away from her face. She could see there was a camera attached to a split screened image. On one side of the screen appeared to be a reflection of herself with green words edited on top of it.

Which one do you save Bats?

Emily's face reflected off of one side of the screen while the other half showcased an old man whom had barely any hair. What he did have was a light shade of white. Who was that person? He too had one of her father's bomb on him, ticking down at the same rate as her own.

The time was depleting quickly. 3 minutes were all she had left. Emily tried to untying herself but it had failed due to how small her hands were. The rope was tied so tightly it cut into her skin, leaving red gashes. If only I can find a way out. Emily thought to herself, growing more panicked.

A small silhouette of a boy appeared outside the window. Almost simultaneously her father's image popped up on the screen.

"You have not played by the rules boy wonder." His voice sounded angry, cold, terrifying to the young girl. She had never heard him speak in that tone before.

"It said to save one, not divide and conquer. She shall pay for that little trick of yours."

Emily looks down to see 2 minutes shaved off the bomb's detention time.

"You were outsmarted Nigma, give it up."

A boy steps into light revealing himself to be the pajama boy from the night before. He was still dressed in his black and red clothing however his voice and posture seemed more confident and less confused.

The Riddler was about to respond but boy was too quick. He ran over, cutting the camera's wires with a bat shaped knife. Hesitantly, Robin approaches the girl. He had his hands up, showing he did not come to harm her. He bent down to take a look at the bomb, taking out two tools. The boy kept fiddling with the box, setting Emily on edge. She had no idea what was going on, and if there was one thing that bothered her, it was not knowing. The boy must have sense Emily's nervousness and faked a smile at her.

"It'll be okay, calm down"

She didn't believe his words one bit but nodded. He was careful when handling the bomb, working in a rushed pace. She watched him defuse the box because something told her this would be a skill she need later on. Emily had a unique kind of memory. Once she saw something it was engraved in her brain, memorized forever.

The bombs timer stopped, lights flicking off. This made the young girl take a deep breath, relieve. His voice sounded sincere and kind. However not like the fake kindness her father spoke to her in, something about the boy's words seemed genuine. Her father's voice was normally one that was cold, demeaning, as if every second he knew you would mess up and was just waiting for it. This boy seemed to be trying calm the young child.

"You are safe now."

Emily knew that wasn't true, She would never be safe, or even normal. Her emerald eyes stared back at him unresponsive.

"What's your name? 

"M-My name?" The blonde looked down at the floor, trembling from the rush of adrenaline. 

"How do you know the Rid-?"

"Robin."

A stern voice came from behind him, cutting his question off. Robin backed away from Emily, going towards the Batman's side. Emily had a knack for listening in people's conversations when she was fully awake. She pride into their conversation.

"What were you doing?"

"Saving her, I figured you got Alfred. Maybe she knows where the Riddler is at? She could help us."

"Help us? She is probably just a part of his ploy. You really think The Riddler wouldn't train his own daughter?"

The boy's eyes widen from beneath his mask, showing he had no clue she was related to him. He turned to Emily, who looked away to show she wasn't listening.

The memory slips away from her, forcing herself to forget how that night ended. The sirens, the cops, the questioning all pushed away from her mind. They had never trusted her, not since the beginning when she had not a clue what was happening. They didn't give her a choice, Enigma sighed, focusing on the sound of the pitter pattering rain outside. How she wished to be out of this cell, only one thing that was stopping her was herself.