Villains Don't Get Happy Endings

~Enigma's POV~

"Dammit Jason, answer me!" I stress, getting annoyed he failed to pick up. His life was on the line here, heading into a death trap.

Hey this is Jason-

I take a deep breath, relieved I had caught him in time. "Hey Jason this is-"

-Sorry I couldn't come to the phone right now, feel free to leave a message and I'll call you back.

"Jason this is Emily, I really need you to answer the phone. Call me back as soon as you get this, it's an emergency."

I hang up, my mind racing a mile a minute. Why didn't Jason answer his phone? He couldn't be dead already, could he? Of course not, Jason left not that long ago.I had to warn Jason, stop him from heading into that trap. Any tracking equipment or programs were still in the basement of the Nashton house my dad set up. I could use the equipment down there to locate his geographical location, maybe I would catch him in time.

Two houses down from mine, I stop running, halting immediately. A GCPD officer stood along side Commissioner Gordon at the entrance of the home. Dammit Bruce. He always had to make things harder. I thought Jason stopped him from telling them my identity. Maybe I could I return the favor by revealing Batman and Robins. No, it would put Jason in more danger and I would never get to him in time.
Actually, I wouldn't be able to save him if I ended up behind bars tonight. It would take too long for me to escape, track him down, lose the cops, and pull a plan off. I had to be careful.

I tried to think of a way in, when something bizarre occurred to me. Why would Gordon try to face Enigma by himself with only a solo cop as back up? The question was almost insulting, it normally took more men then that to bring even a petty criminal in. Except...except if... I grin, grabbing micro binoculars off my golden belt. My gaze shifts over to the two men, looking for where they kept their guns.

"There." I smirk, glad to be right. His safety was on. This wasn't Gordon hunting for Enigma. It was the Commissioner checking up on Emily.

Quickly, I start to change in the bushes, wiping off any blood from Kane and throwing on normal street clothing. In a second I had transformed into Emily. One detail remained different though, my hair was still the bright obnoxious orange color. Shit, I needed a hat or something. I head out on the street in the opposite direction of Gordon.

Quickly, I grift a Yankees hat off some guy in the street. He was too drunk to actually realize his hat was taken. Yankees? Really? Not the Gotham Knights or even some minor baseball team, the Yankees? Ugh, I was doing him a favor by stealing it.

"Commissioner?" I say acting tired as I jogged up the side of my house. This was my first time back at home since I left the manor.

"Miss Nashton. We would like to ask you a few questions..."

"I don't have time right now, maybe later."

"Miss. Nashton-" He frowned, trying to make her understand. Gordon appeared worried for her. "Miss Nashton, you've been missing for a weeks."

"No I haven't."

"Yes, you have."

"No I haven't."

Gordon sighed, shaking his head at our useless banter. "Did you know doctors make house calls to patients a week after they are in emergency care?