Sharing

Iseki smiled. (It's perfect on her.) He thought happily. "Yeven." He said softly with a fond smile. "People in the kanis community called him Yeven the gracious. One of the only two kanis with titles. The other was my mother. They used to call her Svana the beautiful. But she passed away giving birth to my little brother."

Reyna smiled softly at him. "Im sorry i didnt get to meet them." She said genuinely. She didnt even know her own parents names. So atleast he had that much. He always spoke highly of his family. But she knew it was a touchy subject for him so she didnt want to push it. And she definetly didnt want to share stories of what little she knew of family back home. The foster system had not been kind to her. She played with the necklace and examined it with appreciation.

Iseki smiled. "I think they'd have loved you." He said softly. "And in turn most of the other kanis would have loved you too. Everyone seemed to look up to my parents. They always took the time to help those who needed it. Even built a little village in the forest for my kind away from the other races. But when my dad died everyone left the village." He smiled at her. "I guess staying there was too hard after losing them. So I left too."

Reyna nodded with understanding. She listened intently to everything he was saying with a faint smile. She couldnt help but wonder if they really would have liked her. But she had a feeling he was right. And it was sad that she never would get the chance to meet them. She had always hoped to get parents in some way or another. She didnt know what to say for a while. It felt like nothing needed to be said.

Iseki smiled softly as he sat there looking at her. "I remember when I was little. My brother would always come to wherever I was and try his best to be involved with whatever I was doing. Honestly it felt good to be looked up to like that. Like my father. So I did everything I could to try and be a good example. But honestly most of the time I just mucked things up." He said softly. "But he never cared. Up until the day he died he looked at me like I was good. Or worth a damn." He never used to want to talk about his family. But he liked telling her about them.

Reyna smiled at him softly. She didnt really understand sibling dynamics. "What was his name?" She asked curiously. She couldnt imagine having a family and losing them.

Iseki smiled. "His name was Oseki." he said fondly. "You would have loved him. He was such a sweet boy. Never raised his hand to anyone for anything." He smiled sadly. "I wish you could have met them."

Reyna cocked at eyebrow at him. "Is it traditional for kanis to name their children alike like that?" She asked curiously. She liked hearing about his family. And she wished she could have met them too. They sounded perfect.

Iseki chuckled. "No it was just my parents I think." He said grinning. "It very well could be though. I don't really have a way to know that." He was happy that she wanted to know about his family. He hadn't talked about them since they died. It was nice to have someone who cared enough to ask.

Reyna nodded then. "I didnt know." She explained with a shrug. She didnt know much about kanis. Or any of the races in this world. "

Iseki chuckled and looked at her eyes. "How could you know love? I mean your whole life has been on a whole different world." He said softly with a smile. "I don't think anyone can blame you for not knowing things like that. Just like how I don't know anything about technology in your world." He was pretty sure he didn't know shit about her world that most would think were common knowledge. (At least I have her to teach me.) He thought.