Stone Cold

Sylvie quickly stood to run to the sound of Reyna's scream but before she could start moving iseki was a mere blur as he bolted past her with the white thread in hand. The others were running as well unable to keep up with Iseki and his frantic sprint. (No no no no. Fuck!! I should have insisted I stick with her.) He thought panicked. "Rey!" He screamed. (I'm so stupid. By the Strada please be alright.)

Brodan and Sunlaw ran as fast as they could. "Oh fuck! Hang on shorty were coming!" Brodan called to Reyna.

"What the fuck!? Why can nothing be easy?" Sunlaw said frowning. (Not good. She has to be alright.) He thought.

Anoch was behind them at a full sprint with his bow and arrows at the ready. He was worried about Reyna and frustrated that he couldn't show it as the others could.

Caleb was beside Anoch as they ran. (What fucking now?) He demanded mentally. "Sylvie you moron! You were supposed to be watching her!" He shouted angrily.

Reyna was kneeling at the base of the tree. The mirror remained where it was,its glass cracked and shattered,littering thr forest floor as well as the top of her head. She was cradling one of her hands im the other against her chest,her eyes sad and fearful. She had wanted to run but didn't want to get seperated from the group. And although she was broken and couldnt cry unless she was happy, she was visibly stunned and shaken.

Iseki skidded to a stop on his knees next to Reyna and immediately wrapped his arms around her protectively. "What happened are you alright?" He asked panicked as he looked her over. "I'm here now and I'm never leaving your side again."

Sylvie was the next to arrive on speedy wings. "Ms Reyna. What happened? Are you hurt?" She asked worried sick.

Brodan and Sunlaw made it just before the others. Sunlaw saw that Iseki had Reyna and he looked at the others. "Form a perimeter around the princess." He said seriously and they did. Each looking for any signs of trouble.

(Fuck what happened?) Brodan worried.

(Where is the enemy? I need to kill something now.) Caleb thought.

Anoch kept glancing at Reyna with worry that wasn't evident on his face.

Reyna shrugged her shoulders at isekis question and let him hold her,leaning her weight into him. "I dont know what happened. It just showed up out of nowhere." She explained, gesturing up at the shattered mirror with her head, spilling glass like glitter dust around her head as she did so.

"What happened love? What did you see?" Iseki asked as he brushed the glass off of her carefully and continued to hold her. (Damnit all. I should have stayed with you. Never again. I'll be by your side forever.) He thought sadly.

Sylvie started examining the broken mirror with furrowed brows. (What is this?) She wondered with worry.

"I don't see anyone." Brodan said. The others agreed and that all moved in a tighter circle around Reyna and knelt down but Iseki scooped her up in his arms and started walking.

Reyna frowned at him when he picked her up. "There was a hand. It came out of the mirror. It was holding a bloody heart. And then i froze i dont know how to explain it. And then it was holding a flower. And I didnt want to move towards it. But I couldnt control it. And then it grabbed my hand." She explained,feeling much safer now that iseki had her. It was the most surreal experience of her life. And that included being sucked into another world.