I'm sorry

Louie POV

Someone knocks on the door, and I jump up to get it. It's Harry, Anne, Gemma, and a very sleepy looking Kat. "Hey guys!" I say, "How was your shopping spree?" "Great!" Anne says, looking the most awake out all of them. "That's good." I say, as Kat starts making her way to the staircase. "Where are you going Kat?" I ask. She turns back around and snaps, "Where do you think Louis?" She whips back around and runs upstairs. Everyone turns to look at me. "I'm gonna uh...I'll be right back." I say, and run up the stairs. I get to Kat's door and knock hesitantly. Her footsteps approach the door and she says, "Is this Louie?" "No," I say, in a deep voice, "It's Harry." She groans and I say, "Sorry. It's Louie." I pause before adding, "Can I come in?" It takes a minute, but she finally opens her door. "Hi." I say akwardly. She sighs and goes over and plops down on her bed, facing the ceiling. I copy her and we both look up at her ceiling. "So..." I say, "What's so interesting about this ceiling? The spider that's crawling on it?" "What?!" She says, sitting up, "Where?!" "There!" I say, pointing across the room. She falls for my trick, and I start tickling her. She tries to push my hands away, but gives in and laughs. "You evil person." She says as I stop tickling her, "You always get your way." "I can't disagree with that." I say, and she smiles slightly.

"Hey, Kat," I say, "I really am sorry about this afternoon. I was such an idiot." "You think?" She says.

"Yeah," I say, "I know...I was so stupid to bring up your cutting. I was just upset you didn't tell me about it earlier. I mean, what if something bad happened to you? I'd never be able to live that down..." "I get it," She says, "You're just mad because I don't trust you." "Ye-NO." I say, "That's not the reason!" "Then what is!" She says, getting frustrated, "Because I have to say Louis! Your words hurt me a lot!" I look away from her, and she says, "God! Sometimes I think your Shirley! I wonder if you're gonna abuse me like she did! She always punched me, kicked me-you saw her do it to me, didn't you?!" I bite my lip, remebering when I saw her fragile body getting abused by Shirley. I don't want to be compared to Shirley.

"Are you gonna abuse me?!" She demands, "Are you? Cause if you are, just tell me now because I can't go through that!" She pauses and says more to herself, "Not again." She takes a deep breath, and we keep staring at the ceiling. A few minutes later, she sniffles and I turn to look at her. To my surprise, she's crying! "Shh, shh," I say, gently folding her into my arms, "It's ok." She clings onto me and starts sobbing. I've never really seen her cry before, so this is surprising. I rock her in my arms but she doesn't stop crying. What should I do?! Call on of the guys? Then, when I'm freaking out, she asks through her sobs, "Please sing 'lego house'." I immediatly start singing it, and her cries stop as the song does. She looks up at me with her big blue eyes, and I kiss her on the cheek. She looks embaressed as she mutters, "Sorry for crying..." "I sware," I say, "If you say sorry one more time I will kill you!" Her eyes fill with fear and I regret saying that. It was meant as a joke, but she can't take it right now. "That was a joke." I say, "I promise." She relaxes a little and I caress her hair. "Would you do me a favor?" I ask.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Could you fall asleep so I can kiss you whenever I want?" I ask.

She smile slightly and says, "You can kiss me whenever. Even when I'm awake. Just....not on the lips." I smile and kiss her on the forehead. "Sure!" I say, "Cause kissing your daughter on the lips would be really weird." "True." She says, and mintues later, she's fast asleep in my arms.