Thanks Liam

Kat POV

Liam immediatly looks at my arm and his eyes widen.

"Kat!" He says, "I thought you said you didn't cut!" "I don't!" I say, thinking fast, "Remember what I said about the tree?"

Yeah yeah the tree!

Right.

Good excuse Kat, good excuse.

"The tree doesn't make those marks!" Liam says, "Kat, I thought you could trust me!"

That hurt. I can trust him, but if I told him about this, I thought he would get really mad at me and...hit me or something. I guess I still don't trust him fully.

"Kat!" He repeats.

OH HEY YOU'RE STILL HERE

"What?" I say.

"You know what," He says, "Now tell me." "There's nothing to tell," I say, playing with my sleeve,"I...I...."

I NEED TO LIE I NEED TO LIE

But, I've never lied to Liam before!

UGH!

"I...I..."

I can't do it.

I can't lie.

WHY CANT I LIE?!

"I cut." I say, and Liam pulls me into a hug. Surprised at his reaction, I don't hug him back at first. But a few seconds later, I hug him back. The tears start to flow and before I know it, I start crying hard. 

"It's ok," Liam says, rubbing my back, "It's ok." I bite my lip and nod, hugging him tighter.

"Kat..." He says, leaning away so he can see my face,"Why do you cut?" "It...it was...it's because of the hate mostly..." I say, starting to stutter again, "And some partly about my...past." Liam nods and quietly asks, "When did you start cutting?" "At the...t-the diner." I say, "I uh...used a knife." "The knife in the laundry basket?" Liam asks, not sounding too surprised. I nod miserably, the tears still flowing. 

I'm such a jerk...

"Kat," He says gently, "I thought you used the rough bark on trees." "It wasn't enough anymore." I say quietly, "And we were at a diner, I saw a knife, I thought I need a tree and there was no tree so I went to cut in the bathroom." "Does anybody else know?" Liam asks. I was actually thinking about telling Niall...

"No," I say, "Nobody knows." "Ok." He says, "But they should."

 "I know." I whisper, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry Kat." He says, and we both get under the covers. 

I hate myself.

He wraps his arms around me, bringing me to his chest. He looks into my eyes and says, "Promise me you'll never cut again."

Um.

 Too big, too sudden, too much. 

Instead I say, "I need your help if I'm ever gonna stop." "I'll always help you." He says, and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Liam." I say quietly, almost so he doesn't hear me, but he does. He smiles and says, "I've always loved you." I smile slightly at that and ask, "Can you sing me to sleep?" "Of course." He says, and starts singing my remix of Lego House and the A-team. I taught him it. My eyelids droop, and the last thing I see and hear, is Liam.

*Nightmare*

I look at my razor and try to stop my hand from grabbing it. I scream and cry, trying to move away, but nothing works. My hand grabs the razor and I put it to my skin. I scream in pain, cause this is not what I want.  Flashbacks come and go as I'm being forced to cut, and the next thing I know, I'm in my old house. My birth house.

*End of nightmiror*

I wake up crying and terrified.

 Liam wakes up immeditatly and holds me close in his arms. 

"Shh Baby girl," He says,."I'm right here. It was just a dream. It's ok." I calm down, but I still cling tightly to him. "Can you sing "'Half a Heart?'" I ask quietly.

"Yes." He says, and starts singing. I listen the the lyrics, hoping they'll help me sleep, but they don't. When the song is over, I'm still awake. "Hmm..." Liam says, "Maybe we should sing your regular bedtime song." He starts singing Lego House, and I fall asleep right away after that.

*Morning*

"Hey sweetie." Liam says as I wake up, "You've been sleepinig for a while." "How long?" I ask.

"Four hours." He says. I immediatly jump up. "Darn it!" I say, "I missed 4 episodes of PLL!!" Liam laughs and says, "Relax! It's only 5:00 AM! Niall's sound asleep." "So I jumped up for no reason." I mutter, going back under my covers, "Great."

 Liam chuckles.

"Anyway," I say, "Why are you up anyway?" "I just woke up," He says, "And that's because I'm not tired. How about you? Why are you awake? Another nightmare?" "I don't remember." I mutter, right after I realize I did, infact, wake up from a nightmirror. 

"Darn, forget it." I say, "I did have another nightmare." Liam sighs and says, "Maybe we should take you to the doctor." My eyes widen and I say, "No no no no no! I do NOT do good with doctors!!"

NO DOCTORS PLEASE NO.

 "Why not?" He asks.

"Because!" I say, "They give you shots and...body checkups..." "Without clothes on." Liam says, finishing my sentence for me. I nod and he smiles. 

"Well then," He says, "I'll be your doctor!" "Clothes stay on." I demand, and he laughs. 

"I'm not gonna take your clothes off Kat," He says, "I'm just gonna try to figure out why you're having so many nightmirrors." "Alright," I say, "In that case, continue." He chuckles and says, "Sit up." I do, and he asks, "What's your name?" "Katherine Rae Tomlinson Malik Payne Horan Styles. AKA Kat. Ahhh that name's a PAYNE it the butt. Aha. AHHAHAHA. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?? CAUSE PAYNE IS YOUR LAST NAME?!?" "Yes," He says, laughing and rolling his eyes, "Yes I did. Anyways, Kat, how old are you?" "13." I say, still laughing at my joke. He nods and says, "When did you start having nightmares?" My face turns red as I say, "When I started cutting." Liam looks thoughtful. 

"Hmm..." He says, "Maybe cutting brought back memories and the memories turned into nightmares?" "I never thought of that before..." I say, "HEY! YOU'RE SMART!" He laughs and says, "Thanks! So...maybe if you stop cutting, you'll stop having nightmares." "Maybe." I say, "But only if you help me." "Will do!" Liam says, and gives me a huge hug.

"Thanks PAYNE." I say, and start laughing while he groans.

"That's so old ya know." He mutters, but soon starts laughing with me anyway.