Hoseok IV.

[Hoseok x Lisa]

2019

What followed was utter stillness, as each and every one of them stared at the pair still embracing each other in the hallway, at the way Jin's hold around Lisa's waist tightened almost possessively, and at the way she clung to him so familiarly.

As if she'd known him all her life.

For a solid minute, there was nothing but silence as different waves of emotion passed through each men, unable to comprehend what actually was happening.

It was Hoseok who broke the silence, a strained smile forming on his lips as he attempted to calm the rising jealousy in him, but ultimately failing. "Hey. What's happening..?"

His eyes traveled to Seokjin's hands, which were still wrapped around the girl's waist, and Hoseok suddenly felt an insane urge in him to pull his brother away from her.

"Do you.. Do you know each other?" Jimin muttered lowly beside him.

Hoseok gave him a side-glance and was dumbfounded to see his somber expression, as if the boy was just as affected as him which made no sense at all. Then he noticed how Jimin was discreetly eyeing Taehyung whose eyes were wide open, looking completely like a lost puppy.

Behind Tae, Jungkook was staring sharply at Jin, his jaw clenched and brows furrowed in obvious annoyance. It was a face their youngest rarely wore these days, much less directed to one of their members. Namjoon on the other hand, had his mouth agape in surprise, but soon his expression changed and a sad smile appeared on his face.

Their reactions made no sense to him at all.

"Yeah," Seokjin answered with a reluctant tone, "We've.. We've known each other for a long time." There was some hesitation in his voice, which was out of character for his hyung who was usually too confident for his own good. But then Jin's eyes met with Lisa's, and just like that his manner changed, as if looking at her gave him strength. "You could even say we were childhood friends."

Childhood.. friends?

What?

Hoseok's mouth dropped, not expecting that response from Seokjin at all.

But he was more stupefied when he heard another voice from his left quietly whisper, more to himself than anyone else, "I get it now. It's him. It's been him all along."

It was Yoongi, whose expression was a mixture of disbelief, regret and hurt.

...

2015

July

"Get away with me again?"

"I'd love to."

They became each other's haven of refuge.

Whenever his Priya would come to the club, they'd always sneak to the riverside near the building, dancing under the night sky until they fall on to the grassy ground in a fit of laughter.