Jin IV.

[Jin x Lisa]

Ever since that one night, Jin made it a habit to knock on the wall everytime he hears her cry.

And everytime he does that, the girl stops from sobbing, and knocks back. He would then respond with another knock, and they'd continue doing that until one of them falls asleep.

Last night, he didn't even hear her cry. They just kept knocking on the wooden wall separating their rooms, communicating without words.

It seemed like it became a new form of comfort for the girl, and Jin was comforted by the thought that he's somehow able to help her.

She doesn't avoid him as much anymore. She even smiled at him the other day, which baffled her family. They didn't know what happened and Jin didn't care to tell them about it.

It felt good to know that there's something only the two of them knew. A shared secret.

Just the thought of it made Jin smile.

Although she still doesn't speak much, it was enough for him to see her getting better. He wouldn't be able to understand her anyway, as she can't speak Korean and he doesn't know much about speaking Thai.

Their Knocking Language was good enough for him.

Things seemed to have been getting better for the girl, and Jin thought he could finally feel relieved, but then..

"She ran back to her room. The poor girl found her Dad's photo albums, the ones that the maid was supposed to hide in the attic. Her mom found her crying while looking at them. When she tried to get closer, she just ran away," Jin heard his mom say to his dad.

"She's just a kid. And her father's death was very recent. It's understandable she reacted that way."

"I'm just so worried about my bestfriend. Prija's already suffering because of her husband's death. Now, she's seeing her daughter like this."

"You did what you can. We flew all  the way from Korea just so we can attend her husband's funeral. I don't--"

Jin didn't stay to hear the rest. He walked out of his parents' room and went straight to his. Although the lights in the corridor were all dimmed, and despite the huge size of the Manoban household, he's still able to find his way back to his room with no problem.

As soon as he entered, he could easily tell.

She was crying.