twenty-one.

The only way Lucy could describe Stevie's reaction, would be that of a disappointed, and very clearly upset parent. It definitely felt that way, the three of them gathered into Link's shared office, her stern gave lingering between her and the older man who sat beside her on the small sofa. 

"So you're telling me that you're leaving your wife for Lucy, and you decided the best place to do...Whatever it was that you were doing, was on the set of Good Mythical Morning." Stevie said, her tone deadpan. Lucy cringed at the words, and how absolutely bad they sounded coming from Stevie. 

"I'm not leavin' my wife because of Lu." Link interjected, raising a hand. Stevie narrowed her gaze, and he frowned. "I didn't realize I'd have to spill my marriage problems to you so soon, but my wife and I are gettin' a divorce. She's been cheatin' on me since the tour started." 

Stevie was taken aback for a moment, his tone was too calm for the context. 

"I just...I'm sorry to hear that, Link. Really, I am. But whatever is going on between you two, is the furthest thing from professional-"

"Since when have we cared that much about professionalism?" Link countered. Lucy wanted to agree with him, but she found it best to keep her mouth shut for now. 

"Since you hired me on." She narrowed her eyes once more. "My name may not be the face of your brand, but I'm just as much apart of GMM as you and Rhett. And I cannot get behind this, Link." She breathed out, her harsh gaze drifting off as she avoided Link. 

"Then forgot about it." He said, and her gaze was never quicker to meet his. "Forget you ever saw us in here, and we'll keep it to ourselves." 

"Link, what are the fans going to say when you're not wearing your wedding ring? Are you going to announce it to the whole internet?" 

Link swallowed thickly, glancing down at his bare finger for a brief moment. 

"Yeah, I will." 

Lucy looked at Link, surprised, and he turned to throw an assuring smile in her direction. Stevie was looking between the two of them, 

"This is such a conflict of interest, guys." She sighed, before dropping her head in her palm. "No one else can know about you two, at least, not while Lucy's still working here. That's just asking for trouble." Link and Lucy's smiles grew as they listened to the defeated tone in Stevie's voice. 

"They won't. Thank you, Stevie. For keeping this between us." Lucy finally spoke up, the gratitude she felt clear in her words. Stevie glanced upwards to meet her gaze, even managing a small smile in response. 

"I do have a few questions, though." Stevie began, "Like how in the world did this even happen? Have those rumors been right, this whole time? And why on the desk? There are so many different, more private places than the desk. I mean, it's literally in the spotlight." They laughed in unison, and blush on Lucy's cheeks fervent as Link started from the beginning, his left hand stretching the expanse between them to grasp hers, smoothly intertwining their fingers. 

_____

She had her thumb nail between her teeth, nibbling anxiously as they geared up to film their scheduled episode. Everything felt fine, all things considered; Rhett and now Stevie knew about their relationship, Link was working through the divorce process with Christy, and all things felt normal. At least, as normal as they could be right about now. 

Her gaze lingered on Link, settling into his seat beside Rhett, his finger bare of any wedding ring and she wondered how many people would noticing it right off the bat. As though Link could sense her eyes on him, he looked right at her. A smile caressed her lips behind her finger, and he mirrored her. 

"Okay, guys. Here we go, in three, two, one." Stevie pointed a finger at the guys, and they jumped right into their usual routine. As they progressed through she felt her worries slide off her shoulders, laughing alongside the crew at a few funny bits. About halfway through the show, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, which she first ignored. Until it rang again, and again. Tearing her attention from the set, she quickly hopped off the chair she was seated at to shuffle through the small crowd of crew members that stuck around to watch. 

It was Allie, and Lucy knit her brows in confusion as she swiped on the screen.

"Hey, Allie. How are you?" She asked, stepping out of the filming area to stand in the narrow hallway. 

"Lucy, hey. Are you okay?" 

"What? I'm fine, what's wrong?" The tone in Allie's voice was instantly off putting. 

"Okay, good. You didn't answer the first few times, had be a little worried there. Am I the first one to call you?" Lucy was officially confused, pacing down the hallway slowly. 

"Call me about what, Allie? You're really starting to worry me." 

"It's Gavin, I guess he's out now. I heard that he's looking for you. I can't believe your Dad hasn't called you yet, Jesus." She breathed out over the line. Lucy stopped in her tracks, the tightening in her chest almost painful. "Lucy, you there?" 

"Y-Yeah, I'm here." She managed. 

"I know you've been in Cali for less than a year now, but do you know anyone you can stay with? Just until you know you'll be safe? I mean, I can take a flight out there soon if you want, we can get a hotel or something." She offered. The gesture was heartwarming, but it didn't do much to soothe the burning of tears that threatened her eyes. 

"No, no. You don't need to do that, Al. I-um..I can find somewhere to go." She shakily replied. 

"I know we haven't really talked in ages, but I want you to know that I'm here for you, Lucy. Call me, day or night." Allie said, softly. 

"Does he know I'm here?" Lucy asked, after a moments silence. She heard Allie sigh on the other end, and she found herself closing her eyes in silent realization. 

"Yeah. Your dad was the first person he talked to, and I guess he told him where you are." 

Lucy swallowed thickly, her throat felt tight, lips pursed as she nodded her head. 

"Of course he did." 

"I'm so sorry, Lucy." 

"It's fine, I'll be fine. I-I gotta go, but thanks for telling me, Allie." She pulled the phone away from her face, hanging up before Allie could hear the chocked sob that escaped her throat. She was quick to maneuver through the office, avoiding anyone and everyone, before slipping into the bathroom. She was quick to wipe at her eyes, inhaling sharply as she glanced at herself in the mirror. 

Well, things did feel normal, for a bit there.