one.

His back was sore. It was the third night in the row he had fallen asleep on the living room sofa, and the painful realization that they were more for show than comfort was hitting him. With a deep groan, and a tight grip to the arm rest, he managed to push himself up into a sitting position, his laptop sliding between his legs as he pushed his glasses up his forehead, knuckles dragging harshly against his sleep riddled eyes.

The house was unusually silent, the familiar sound of children running around accompanied by clanking pots and pans were no where to be heard, and it made Link's shoulders sulk with a knowing feeling. With a deep sigh, he closed his laptop, setting it on the low glass coffee table before throwing his legs over the edge of the sofa to stand. He could feel his joints creak in protest as he threw his long arms over his head, bending his back in an arch as he stretched his aching body.

He already knew he was alone, his kids probably off at school, wife most likely meeting up with a friend for some coffee that would be charged to his card sometime this afternoon. It was the usual routine nowadays, sadly. They were both aware of the rift that had fell between the two of them, driving them apart with a painfully silent stake. Link was usually an optimist, but he was just waiting for her to say something about it, to throw the idea of divorce in the air.

He wasn't sure why that's where his mind went first thing, like there was no way to rekindle their fire, or bring them back together. Of course, it wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to rewind his life a few years, to the point when they couldn't keep their hands off each other, and whispered breathy I love you's in the middle of the night.

A soft sigh tumbled from his lips as he bounded lazily into the kitchen, switching the light on as he went, as the sun had not yet made it's appearance. He went through his morning as usual, the silence in the house was calming, albeit, a little depressing.

The notification of his phone jerked him out of his stupor, reaching into his back pocket and sliding the lock back to reveal a text from Rhett, announcing his arrival in his driveway. It brought a small smile to the mans lips, the thought of seeing his best-friend and working on another episode was an excellent distraction to the constant whirling thoughts in his mind.

Rhett sat in the drivers seat of his car, one hand on the wheel as he nursed a cup of coffee in the metal mug his wife had bought him, as Link quickly opened the door and threw himself in. He was quick to grab the seat belt, his hands almost jittery as he locked it in place and glanced up at Rhett with expectant eyes. Rhett, in return, quirked a brow at the man.

"Good morning to you, too, brother." He remarked, a smile threatening to breath his stoic expression as he brought the cup to his lips once more. Link let out a sigh, resting back against the seat with his hands on his thighs, one leg bouncing rapidly.

"Another night on the couch?" Rhett asked, placing his mug in the cup holder before pushing the car in reverse, throwing his hand over the back of Links seat as he twisted in place to pull out. Link glanced at Rhett as he moved, before nodding his head.

"Yeah. I am so sore, man. I don't think I can make it another night on that couch." Links tone was lilted with a playful tune, but Rhett could see right through the mans facade, a frown pressing on his mouth as he made the way down the street.

"Then maybe you should sleep in bed with your wife, like a normal husband." he commented. Link visibly tensed at the words. It was so like Rhett to get straight to the point, avoiding the dancing around and tact altogether.

"I can't help it if I fall asleep on the couch. Would be nice if she woke me up or somethin' though." Link muttered, adamantly refusing to take the entire blame for the rift that had been driven between him and Christey.