fifteen.

"What do you mean, 'you weren't sure if you should tell me?' I'm your best friend, man!" Rhett exclaimed, annoyance clear on his features. He knew there were a million things going on in Link's mind, and he should have some sympathy, but it frustrated him beyond belief. Link swallowed thickly, tilting his head upwards to meet Rhett's gaze.

"I don't know what I'm doin' man. I haven't talked to Christy in two days, I haven't been home to see my kids. All I know is that I-I...I want to see her." Link breathed out, his tired eyes boring into Rhett with such emotion it pulled at the mans heartstrings.

"Lucy." He already knew, even before the painting, before the cheating, he knew by the way Link looked at her. By the way he talked about her. "You love her." It wasn't a question, by this point, Rhett was stating the obvious. Link nodded his head,

"I kissed her, before I even knew 'bout Christy. I should feel terrible, I should be wringing my own neck for doin' it, but...I don't regret it. The only thing I regret, is not breakin' things off with my wife first." Link said. He was laying it all out there, everything that's been plaguing his mind for the past few months spilling from his mouth in a breathy, shaken confession. "I think I already knew she was cheatin' on me, Rhett. I just...I didn't care anymore. I didn't want to fix things, even before I met Lu. I think I was only stayin' for the kids, to make things seem normal. They didn't feel normal, man. And then I met Lucy, and she changed everythin'. I can't explain it-"

"Link, Link. Man," Rhett quickly knelt down before him, placing his hands on Link's broad shoulders. He was crying again, his voice shaken and hoarse as he looked at Rhett with wide eyes,

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"I had a feeling, Bo." Rhett countered, softly. Link swallowed thickly, his brows knit as he threw his arms around his best friend. Rhett let the smaller man embrace him, before finally pulling himself away, hands on Link's shoulders as his gaze bore into his eyes,

"You are a mess, brother." His tone was light, and it helped to relieve the tension that hung in the air. Link managed a small, crooked smile in return. "Whatever you decide to do, I'll be here to help."

"Thanks, Rhett." Link breathed out.

"Is there...Like a certain way I should act now? Since I know your deepest, darkest secret?" Rhett asked. Link scoffed, wiping his nose with the back of his hand,

"No, man. Just be normal."

Despite the humor that Rhett had managed to throw in, Link knew he was sincere. You're best friends with someone for over 30 years, and you get good at reading between the lines. Realizing this now, it made Link a little embarrassed that he tried to hide his relationship with Lucy in the first place, but Rhett made no more remarks about the situation. Instead, he pushed himself up to stand.

"Whenever you're ready, we need to get out on set." He announced, and Link simply nodded in response. "Remember, Bo. I'm here for you." He was already stepping out the door before Link could reply, but he smiled to himself nonetheless. It felt great to get it all out there for Rhett to hear. He wasn't hiding anything from his best friend anymore, and it definitely helped relive the stress that ached in his chest. Now, if only telling his wife would be that easy.

Lucy didn't usually watch the filming of the show, but she found herself behind the camera that day, her gaze trained on Link as he sat down in his chair, Rhett beside him. He looked tired, but his hair not as well done up as usual. Things that people wouldn't normally notice, but she did.

She watched them get situated, Link's gaze drawn toward her despite her being hidden in the back. They caught each other for a second, a small smile pulling on her lips. Link mirrored her expression,