nine.

She supposed that anyone would talk. Especially if you were seen walking out of an empty dressing room wearing your boss' shirt...With your boss following behind you. Regardless, the chatter and gossip that traveled incredibly quickly through the confines of Mythical Studio's caused a stir or anger in her chest. And maybe even a little embarrassment. She definitely wasn't the type to confront anyone about it, but at this point, she wasn't sure if she had a choice. 

She already knew who started the rumors, too. Lizze just so happened to walk past the entrance to the dressing room as they left, her initial interaction was a friendly wave, before her eyes were drawn toward the shirt on her back. There was no mistaking who it belonged to, and she was sure Lizze was going to ask her about it, before Link stepped out behind her. 

Lucy thought nothing of it, the sheer excitement she felt about getting the shirt in the first place overpowering every other thought that skirted her mind. 

But now...Well, the rumors were really taking off. There was always some sort of gossip traveling the mouths of the crew, but this really stuck out. Especially when she heard it while sitting at her desk, her old shirt stuffed in her bag as she proudly wore the Star Wars logo. 

"I think there's something going on with Link and Lu...Like, they're hooking up or something." 

They were hushed, but Ellie wasn't really the greatest at whispering. It didn't take long for the rumors to round all the way back to Rhett, who in turn, was incredibly confused. He knew Link well, and that he wouldn't go around cheating on Christy like that. But circumstances were a little...Different. He hoped dearly his best friend didn't make what would most definitely be the dumbest decision of his life. 

"Shirt looks a little familiar." Rhett remarked, standing in front of the open fridge. They were the only ones in the kitchen, Lucy sitting at the small table with her laptop and a salad, while Rhett pulled out a soda from the fridge. 

Lucy's first instinct was to roll her eyes, as it was probably the fourth time she's heard that today. She refrained herself, seeing as he was her boss, and opted to give him a smile in response. 

"Yeah, had a head on collision with Link today. There was an iced tea causality." She replied. This earned a small chuckle from the man as he cracked open the soda, an expectant look on his face as he sipped the drink. "So yeah, Link let me have this shirt." She flat out said. It was blunt for her, and she supposed she was just tired of having to explain it. Rhett looked utterly surprised, 

"Have it? He's had that shirt since before he got married." Rhett reacted, skepticism on his face. Lucy herself looked surprised, glancing down at the garment for a moment. 

"I had no idea he's had it that long...He just said I can keep it. I guess he's trying to change his wardrobe or something." She replied, looking up to meet his gaze. Rhett could tell she was being genuine, and decided to drop the subject. At least, with her. 

"Well, take good care of it. Looks great on you." He said, flashing her a halfhearted smile before quickly exiting the small kitchen. Lucy sat there, a little flabbergasted at the interaction. 

It was as if Link was avoiding Rhett, or something. Every time he went to find him, Link wasn't there, or he had just left. It wasn't long before the end of the day come rolling by, and the crew began filtering out. He was frustrated, and opted to wait outside by his car, arms crossed over his chest as he eyed the red back door. 

Finally, Link walked through the door. Much to Rhett's surprise, he was laughing. He honestly expected him to still be scowling with anger after leaning about Christy lying. Rhett pushed himself off the car, ready to approach the man, when he caught sight of Lucy trailing behind him. He also noticed how Link was carrying both his backpack, and her laptop bag. What, she can't carry her own bag?