eight.

Link noticed the minuscule scowl that crossed his wife's face, before she forced a broad smile on her lip, turning to acknowledge the younger woman that had approached them. 

"Hey, Link! Kind of weird seeing you here," She began, laughing lightly before turning to face Christy. "You must be Christy. Link talk's about you all the time." Lucy reached a hand out, and she took it, shaking her hand politely. 

"I am! Only good things, I hope!" She joked, turning her gaze to her husband. Link forced out a small chuckle, while nodding his head. 

"Are these the munchkins?" Lucy asked, drawing attention away from Link while crouching down to their level. 

"This is Lando, the youngest." Needless to say, it felt a little weird introducing her to his kids, like for some reason there was never going to be a chance they would meet. He watched Lucy reach a hand out, 

"I'm Lucy. I really like your name, Lando." She said, a brilliant smile crossing her lips. Lando, usually too shy to even look at a person, mirrored her expression and took her hand in his own, shaking it a little too violently. 

"Oh, wow! You're super strong, buddy." She breathed out, pulling her hand away while feigning a painful grimace. He giggled in response, glancing upwards at Link with amusement. 

"This is Lily," Christy interjected, motioning toward the young girl that stood beside them, "and Lincoln." Lucy smiled as she stood up, reaching her hand out and shaking their hands respectively. 

"I'm noticing a pattern with the names here." Lucy remarked, earning her a soft laugh from Lily. 

"You have an L name too!" Lando piped up with an over-excitement fit for an 8 year old. 

"You're right, buddy. Guess that makes me super cool like you!" Lucy playfully poked Lando in the stomach, earning her another fit of giggles in response. 

"So, what're you doin' here, Lu?" Link finally piped up, the smile on his face insistent. He was quick to notice the liking his youngest had taken to the woman, something that was very rare when it came to the boy. Lucy glanced up to meet his gaze, the happy expression on her face fading just the slightest, but enough for him to notice. 

"I was just taking a walk. Saw this cute little carnival and had to check it out. Take it you guys had the same idea?" She asked, her eyes darting from Link's to Christy. She nodded in agreement, her eyes doing a quick once over of the younger woman. Lucy shifted awkwardly, feeling a little scrutinized by the stunning blonde's gaze. 

"Seem's like quite a walk from Lakeview. Did you need a ride home or anythin'?" Link asked, oblivious to the side glare he recieved from his wife. 

"Oh, that's okay. I really appreciate it, though." Lucy quickly replied, reaching one hand across her chest to grasp her arm. There wasn't anything more sobering than having a crush on someone, and running into their entire family, wife and all. "I should get going though. It was really nice meeting you guys." Link frowned slightly as she took a step back, her eyes meeting his with a silent goodbye. He managed a small, pursed smile as he waved at her, gaze lingering just a second too long as she disappeared in the dwindling crowd. 

"You know her from the studio, right?" Christy spoke up beside him, her arms crossed over her chest. Link was quick to turn his attention to her, 

"Yeah. We hired her a couple months ago. She's the new graphic designer." He replied, a sense of relief washing over him as he reached out to take Lando's hand. It wasn't like he had anything to hide, but for some reason he still felt nervous during the entire encounter. He wasn't anything with Lucy, but that didn't stop the rambling thoughts that ran through his head every time she was near. He noticed the standoffish behavior of his wife, but choose not to say anything as they made their way toward the small roller coaster.