Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 4

Continued request for 04olivia04

Thankfully, Mother failed to notice you no longer drinking her potion everyday. You had been worried that she would sense the lack of it in your system the first few days, for over the past however-many years you had been her child, she had been able to sense just about everything in her realm. 

You --on the other hand-- were almost beginning to consider taking the doses again. You were plagued everyday with pounding headaches. But you didn't dare share this symptom with Mother, and kept it to yourself. 

You read Frerin's letter all the time. And as he began to smile more and move around the farms with ease, you started to have these feelings when you saw him. You would cock your head and look into his eyes. Each time you did this, you became more confident in swearing that you had seen those eyes before, in a place outside this one. 

"Frerin?" you asked him one day in the garden. 

"Yes, sister?"

"Does the name Thorin mean anything to you?"

"Never heard of a Thorin."

"How about Erebor?"

"Nope."

You dropped your shovel. "Doesn't ring any bells? None at all?"

"Should it?"

Probably, yes, you thought. You were carrying a letter with Thorin's name on it and heading to Erebor, it would seem.

The conversation didn't continue after that. You couldn't help but feel that those names were familiar to you, if not him. The letter had said that you were Thorin's "past bride", whatever that was supposed to mean. You knew what a bride was, but there weren't any romantic couples in Mother's realm other then the fluffy birds that watched over their chicks in the orchards. As long as you had been here, you had never yearned for such love. You supposed that with the ingesting of the potion, your sense of sexual desire had been blocked, too. You had seen Frerin naked as a bear and felt nothing. No arousal, no dirty ideas as you helped him bathe. So you must've learned what a bride was from an outside source. 

Anyway, you couldn't recall ever meeting this Thorin in the past, but somehow there was a foggy vision of him in the back of your brain, as if you were just beginning to dig his identity out of the dirt the potion had covered it in.  

Over the course of many days, you kept digging through your memories and unveiling forgotten ones. You could conjure up an image of this King Thorin, and somehow you were able to recollect that he and Frerin had the same icy blue eyes. How you knew this was beyond your explaining. You just felt that you knew it, and followed your instincts. 

It took a couple weeks for you to uncover what little memories you had of this place called Erebor. You remembered there were many dwarves there, but they differed from the dwarves here by having other feeling and ambitions. You remembered them mining very deep into this one mountain (the same mountain the letter said Thorin was the king under, you gathered) and relishing in what sparkling jewels they found there. They also took delight in things that the dwarves here would be terrified at the sight of. After drinking lots of this amber beverage, they would raise their fists and fight. Not violent, to-the-death fighting. Just fun, lighthearted entertainment. 

What was the word for it? Ah, yes. Brawling.

But they did more than dig and brawl. You had vague memories of singing and dancing. You remembered being in the arms of a certain dwarf through it all, but you couldn't recall who. You also remembered having these feeling of love, the rapid fluttering in your heart when you saw this dwarf.