Aragorn- Savior pt. 4

You watched as the love of your life was crowned king. As he turned to face his people, you were one of the many applauding. He looked so handsome in your eyes (and probably to all), but you could see that he was secretly stressed.

After a short speech and more clapping, he began to sing an elvish tune as he made his way through the crowd. He nodded his head respectfully to many allies and friends, making it seem like forever until he reached the elves of Rivendell. Arwen was at the front of the group. Aragorn placed a hand affectionately on her shoulder. She smiled and tilted her head slightly to the right. 

From behind her, you gracefully made your way through the crowd. You wore a beautiful elven dress and a silver circlet similar to Arwen's. You kept your head down, suddenly nervous to see the new king after all this time, all the news. 

Aragorn stood in front of, a new expression on his face. He was overjoyed to see you, but scared his heart may be broken in a few second by your answer to his proposal. He knew if you rejected him, he would never be the same. His heart would remain broken forever. A king without his queen is not entirely fulfilled.

"(Y/n)," he said softly and hesitantly placed a hand on you cheek. You raised your gaze to meet his blue eyes that held so many emotions, but love was the most noticeable of them all. They asked the question: "Will you marry me?" Your own eyes were brimming with tears. You knew your answer, you had ever since he asked you in his final letter. Why was it so hard to spit it out?

There was a small nod of your head before you whispered, "Yes" and burst into tears. Aragorn swiped you off your feet and spun you around, both of you crying into the crook of the other's neck. He gently set you down on your feet and gave you an adoring look.

"I love you," he said simply, yet not simply at all.  You couldn't take it anymore. There was still too much space between the two of you. You threw your arms over his shoulders and gave him a passionate kiss that he eagerly returned. The crowd was awing at the scene. Your foreheads still touched as you separated, smiling happily. Your hands held his shoulders and his arms were wrapped around your waist. You were with your true love and everything in the world seemed right.

"Legolas!" cried an already sobbing Arwen. The two of you looked to see what was happening and laughed.

"Arwen!" Legolas ran towards her and they crashed into each other's arms, kissing and hugging like they had been separated for years. Perhaps when you're in love, any separation can feel like a lifetime apart. 

Aragorn returned his attention to you. "My queen," he purred and nuzzled against your temple.

"My king," you whispered lovingly and kissed him once more. 

It became a love tale of old: Aragorn, a ranger and secret heir to the throne of two mighty kingdoms saving a beautiful lady named (y/n) on a rainy night in the streets of Bree. He takes her to Rivendell, but leaves soon after to save Middle-Earth from Sauron. He confesses his love to her with letters throughout his adventure. When the war is over and the Aragorn Elessar is crowned king, his Lady (y/n) falls into his arms and accepts his proposal of marriage. 

And they lived happily ever after.