Legolas- Drink Up

Without even looking to see who was giving it to you, you hastily grabbed the cup of ale and poured it down your throat. You couldn't even count how many drinks you had already. 

Gimli was passed out on the floor. Now it was just you and Legolas. The dwarf had wanted to see who could hold their liquor the longest; a dwarf, an elf, or a dunedain. Aragorn, your "Oh, so noble" older brother had rejected the challenge. He did not know how to party, so you took his place out of pity and ambition to beat Legolas at something.

Ever since you joined the Fellowship, that dang elf had been doing everything better than you. He had a more accurate shot with a bow, could walk atop snow, and even hear the trees speak. He seemed to be able to do everything you couldn't, and you were determined not to prove it. If being able to handle more drinks than him was your only superiority over the elf prince, it was better than nothing.

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see him elegantly swig down his drink before graciously setting it on the table. Not only could he drink this much, he could do with table manners? Preposterous! A few drink later, he dropped his cup and examine his fingers. 

"I think its effecting me..." he said nervously, looking at Aragorn as a silent plea for help. 

You couldn't contain your laughter. The ale currently in your mouth sprayed all over Legolas's beautiful face. 

"Ha, ha!" you shouted. "I've won!"

Legolas smiled, drips of your drink rolling down him chiseled face. How could he smile after you just showered him in beer? This elf was certainly drunk. "Who said that, (y/n)?" he challenged you further. 

You raised your eyes with amusement and reached for another tankard. He did the same. You both chugged at the same time, put the drink down (Well, you sort of slammed it.), and repeated the cycle over and over again. 

Legolas began to slow down. As you held the next drink up to your lips, you saw him trying to put his cup down right. He was slowly leaning to the side, and before you knew it, he had fallen over, absolutely drunk. 

The crowd cheered and you threw your hands in the air after sipping another ale for good measure. Finally, you had beat that perfect prince at something. You would make sure to rub it in his face when he would be sober the next day. 

You walked around the table to get a good look at the loser you loved so much, but actually ended up falling yourself. Once you sat up, you adjusted Legolas's head into your lap. You were laughing uncontrollably. You still couldn't get over your victory. In fact, you probably never would. 

Legolas opened his eyes slowly. Oh goodness, you thought. This would be funny. He stared up at you for a minute as you laughed, a smile growing on his face. 

"What are you smiling for?" you asked. "I beat you!"

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are when you laugh?" he said dreamily. You only laughed harder and blushed. 

"It's true," he assured you. He reached up and wrapped a loose strand of your hair around his fingers. "It's like all the bad thing in this world just suddenly... disappeared."

You stopped laughing for a moment and looked at him. Cautiously, you placed your hands on his cheeks and rubbed your thumbs over his smooth, elf skin. Unhesitatingly, you leaned down and pressed a soft yet passionate kiss on his forehead. You knew it was your heart that commanded the action, not your logical brain.

Your sober mind that was in a locked room at the moment was screaming, "What are you doing, (y/n)? You are going to embarrass yourself! This is a celebration to honor fallen soldiers, not to hook up with elves!" But you ignored it completely. You couldn't even hear it. 

"You know, I've got a better shot with a bow than you," Legolas stated matter-in-factually, "But even you can't miss a target that far off."

With that, he slipped his hand to the back of your neck and pulled you down to kiss him. His lips were soft, as if they had never been touched before. Sparks of love persevered through the stinging of alcohol, making your heart flutter with life. 

You didn't count the seconds, but it was long kiss- longer than you imagined your first kiss together would be (drunk or not). As you separated with content smiles on your faces, poor Aragorn shuffled through the merry crowd (which you hadn't realized had been watching the whole interaction), his face beet red with embarrassment. He said something along the lines of, "Get off the floor, (y/n), you're making a scene," but you didn't acknowledge him. You could only gaze adoringly at your new lover, Legolas.