Chapter 27: Abel-Mizraim

"No one knows where the exact location of Abel-Mizraim is," Adam said.

We're currently sitting in a living room, discussing before moving to the next location.

"No human knows," Raven replied with his arms crossed. Shaun was sitting beside him, using their tab with his brows knitted and Andra peering beside him. "But immortals know," he said smugly.

"So...?," I drawled, uninterested to be pointed out of human's weaknesses again.

"We're going to teleport on the way," he answered.

I jerked in an upright position as my interest piqued in the middle of our serious discussion. "We? Teleport?," I asked in a childish glee.

Raven rolled his eyes, leaning at the arm of the couch and putting a hand on his temple. "Yeah...," he drawled.

"We don't know who we might meet along the way. The point is, we shouldn't separate in the whole journey," Shaun said, looking at Andra sideways.

Andra, on the other hand, just crossed her arms and put her feet on top of the table perfunctorily.

"Are you really all set, Eve?," Adam asked.

I nodded affirmatively; Lot's wife in my pocket, and courage in my heart.

"So for the teleportation...," Andra started, standing on her feet, all too well with her leather on and fitted jeans hugging her slender legs amorously.

I sneaked a glimpse at Shaun and caught him staring at Andra's butt. I pursed my lips to avoid creating any reaction and looked back at Andra, pretending that I'm all ears.

"...hold their hands," she finished.

They all stood up and linked their hands together, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What are you guys doing?," I asked, as if it was an absurd thing to do.

"Are you with us?," Raven asked with his brow raised.

Such a sight.

"We're going to teleport now, Eve. Now hold my hand before we left you," Adam said, extending his hand to me.

I took it and stood, Andra also reached her hand to me and I grabbed it. When all of our hands were finally laced together, the surrounding suddenly changed.

My eyes went wide as the whole area was covered with stars in entirety, bioluminescent soul-like figures were wandering the crystalline ground aimlessly.

"What happened?," I asked.

"It's where are we," Adam questioned back, looking around in naivety and wonder. The light that was coming off the stars and figures were covering him in variegated beauty, his brown eyes stood out the most.

"We teleported in Abel-Mizraim," Raven said, thus answering our questions.

"This is Abel-Mizraim?," Adam asked. "This is more like the universe..."

"Right," he confirmed. "When people think of purgatory, it's actually Abel-Mizraim. Abel-Mizraim's an Aboveworld, and the Aboveworld is in beyond the universe."

My mouth hung in profound shock, watching every figures pass us by. Never have I ever heard a place such as an Aboveworld. Let alone to think that the purgatory is actually the Aboveworld.

"I thought Abel-Mizrain is somewhere in Jordan?," Adam asked.

"The Canaanites only called the threshingfloor of Atad an Abel-Mizraim because it was where the Egyptians mourned Jacob's death in seven days," Shaun answered this time. "Most souls are here for purification through suffering before they go to heaven."