He looked at the water, gnawing on his lip as he stared, his mind racing with different reasons or ideas. His mind focusing on why Baekhyun's mother was slightly bothered by him mentioning the accident.

He remember back to when Baekhyun mentioned his father to him the first time they went to the small stream. Trying his best to go over every detail about their conversation.

Then it hit him.

The beach. Baekhyun mentioned the beach, he wasn't totally sure if he was correct and it was quite a walk away from their town but it wasn't too far from the city, meaning he could possibly be there but he could also be anywhere right now.

He wasn't going to stand here and waste time when he could already be beginning his search for Baekhyun. He started his walk to the city and soon his walk to the beach.

...

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around his body as the cold ocean breeze ruffled through his hair and loose pyjama t-shirt. He sighed, bringing out his phone to check the time, it had been about 2 hours on his walk over here. He'd known the familiar walk for quite a while because when he was younger he'd always find him and his city friends running along to the beach to escape the grey paved streets in exchange for the salty shores of the sand.

He stood on the wooden path walk, a small sign post informing him that he was most certainly at the beach, even though it was quite obvious due to the sand creeping out onto the grey road.

The tall grass grew up around the wooden path to the beach blocking his view of the sand, but the sound of the waves crashing against the beach was loud and clear.

He stood at the end of the path, frozen as he saw the familiar small figure sitting in the sand, his knees held up against his chest as looked at the sea, his sneakers sitting beside him.

Chanyeol didn't hesitate on making his way over, plonking himself down on the sand beside him, making sure his legs weren't near the waves that gently rolled in wetting the sand in front of them.

Baekhyun lifted his head that was tucked in his knees, the bandage still on, he faced Chanyeol who was looking directly at him.

"What's this all about?" Chanyeol asked, a little frustrated as to why Baekhyun would just run off like that, causing everyone to be worried.

He watched Baekhyun just shrug and turned his head to look at the ocean, his hair around his bandage ruffling through the ocean winds.

Chanyeol looked down and swirled his hand in the sand, coming up with an idea, he sat up on his knees and scribbled something in the wet sand which was more clearer to see.

C: Why didn't you tell anyone?

Baekhyun looked down and sighed, scribbling back, Chanyeol noticing he still had his hospital wrist band attached, even though he was no longer in a gown.

B: It was just for a walk.

C: Some walk this is.

Baekhyun let out a breathy laugh,

B: I don't like hospitals.

C: I know.

B: I don't like being alone in them.

Chanyeol furrowed his brow at that, watching an incoming wave roll in and sweep away their scribbled down conversation.

C: I'm sorry, I left.

B: It's not your fault, besides I had my mum.

C: You weren't alone then.

Baekhyun smiled slightly, but it soon dropped, Chanyeol noticing this.

B: She didn't talk to me for a while after the accident, I just couldn't stop thinking about that.

Chanyeol's frown deepened at that sentence, watching the wave take away the sentence.

B: I do want to hear again deep down, but I feel as though it just a way for her to forget about what happened.

B: As if my deafness is the only thing that survived it.

Chanyeol looked down, trying to scribble down something to cheer him up, even if it was a pathetic sentence to just throw in.

C: I'm sure that's not true, she cares about you.

B: She does, it's just how I feel.

Baekhyun's eyes met Chanyeol's watching as he nodded understandingly, causing him to smile gently. Chanyeol waited for the wave to roll past,

C: Your mum was so worried, I woke up with a dozen miss phone calls from her and Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun eyes made their way back to a Chanyeol and scanned the familiar pair of pyjamas. "I can tell."

The two chuckled softly, but Chanyeol's quickly stopped when he had to dig for his phone to answer the incoming call, not even surprised to hear the familiar voice.

"God, Chanyeol, she is thinking about phoning the police—"

"Hi Kyungsoo." Baekhyun spoke up, watching Chanyeol roll his eyes when Kyungsoo started to rant.

"Yes, Kyungsoo, he's fine." Chanyeol took the phone back.

Once the relieved sighs were over, Chanyeol couldn't help but yawn from how late it was and the lack of sleep.

C: We should head back home.

He scribbled in the sand, watching Baekhyun pout slightly but nod.

Even though Baekhyun didn't want to face Kyungsoo or his mother again after the trouble he caused, he knew it had to be done sooner or later.

Chanyeol stood up, not prepared for the cold walk back to the hospital but it would be okay with Baekhyun by his side.

He tensed up slightly at the small and slender hand that slipped into his but he soon relaxed, enjoying the comforting feeling Baekhyun's hand brought when it was held in his own.

He smiled slightly, thankful it was this time of night now to hide his blush of pink in his cheeks. The two then began to walk hand in hand back to the city that was now quiet and peaceful in the night.