Part 17

You opened the door slowly, trying not to make any noise.

Well, any thought of that was thrown out of the door. The door creaked with every touch, announcing you arrival.

Lowering your head, you tried not to make any eye contact with anyone as you stalked off towards your bedroom. Mission successful.

Closing the door tightly, you jumped onto your bed, it being the only source of comfort in your hectic day. Opening your mouth, you let out a yawn. It must have been the lack of sleep. Sleep sounded inviting right now. It was at the thud of your body hitting the bed, and the soft gentle snores that followed, that you were fast asleep.
-

The sun was setting when you awoke. Rubbing your eyes sleepily, you realised that this was not a familiar sight you had woken up to. The sun was not rising, and instead had set? Looking around, you saw a note had been slipped under the locked door. Locked? For what reason would the door be locked?
Climbing out of Bed, you bent down to reach for the note.

Reading the note, a wave of memories of what had happened hit you at once. It was at this a pang of guilt like a bullet shot straight into your heart. How could you have been so rude to the person who was willing to help you cook and take care of you.

You opened the door, finding a bowl of ramyeon on the floor.

"Oh hey. You woke up." Irene yawned as she got up from the couch. Your heart softened a little at the sight. It must have been hard for her to sleep on the uncomfortable couch.

"Y-yea." You stuttered, a bit embarrassed at your previous actions that morning.

"I'll make the ramyeon hot. Wait for a while." Irene looked at the ramyeon on the floor and busied herself.

"Okay." You move towards the couch, unsure of what to do to dissipate the awkward atmosphere between the both of you.

What you saw on lying on the couch brought tears to your eyes.

It was a Harry Potter scarf. You were a crazy potterhead and loved reading all of the books in the series. Irene who had absolutely hated reading, had went to buy all of the copies and read it just for you.

Holding the scarf tightly, you ran to Irene and hugged her from the back.

"Eung?" Came the startled bunny's squeak ask she turned around to face you.

"What's the matter? Oh- the scarf. It's nothing much."
She replied, a little red.

"It's - everything! Look your hands are bleeding!" Holding her hands, I brought them closer to my face for a better look.

They were red with blood, there were tiny pricks all over her slender fingers. Grabbing her wrist, I winced as I led her to sit down on the couch while I brought out the first aid kit.

"Tell me if it hurts." I start applying alcohol to disinfect her wound.

She tries her best not to react but from her scrunched up feature I know it hurts, a lot.

"Bear with it for a while." I say, bandaging her hands.

After I'm done, she tugs onto my hand and brings me to the room.

"Lets read Harry Potter I didn't buy this for nothing , you know." She smiles.

"I thought you didn't like reading."
I tease her.

"Shush!" She presses a finger to my lips, cheeks flushed.

I hold the book as we both read together, her body cuddled up against mine.

"Don't be mad at me." She suddenly says, looking at me and pouting.

"I'm not! I'm really sorry for earlier... I shouldn't have been mad at you." I say, still embarrassed at how I behaved earlier.

"It's Monday mood! I get it." irene looks at me, laughing.

Her laughter rings throughout the entire room. It's bright and merry, somehow there's butterflies in my stomach at the sound of it.

Not fall in love with you? That's becoming a little hard.

A/n: y'all can spam the comments uwu. I recently wrote a new fic .Please support my luqi fic!!🥰🥰