Too good to be true?

I couldn't sleep last night, everything that happened yesterday kept running thru my mind. I need to know what was going on, so I decided to get dressed and go back to the restaurant to get answers. After breakfast I walked out of the castle and slowly made my way around. When I got there it was quiet the morning rush was over. I went in and asked for a table inside where I was alone and hidden from everyone's view. When a waiter came to take my order I asked for a cup of coffee and if I could please speak to the waitress from yesterday.

About fifteen minutes later the young girl came to my table and bowed her head. "Please don't bow to me I am not above you, and please sit down so we can talk" I nodded to the chair across from me. She hesitantly sat down and folded her shaking hands in front of her. "Okay" I took a deep shaky breath in and took her hand in mine which shock her a little and she looked at me with wide eyes. "I won't do anything to hurt you my dear, I have no reason to, but I have this feeling that there is something going on between you and Jake and I need to know the truth please" She was shaking all over and the tears was close to falling from her eyes. "I... I.... Can't...." She spoke shaking her head. I squeezed her hand lightly to tel her its okay. "Please, please tell me" I begged her. She blew out a shaky breath and looked around her quickly to make sure no one could hear us.

She nodded her head and looked straight at me, " Me and Jake have been in a relationship ship for four years now, we were going to get married , but then they found you a...an...and he told me we had to wait until after everything with you had been sorted out and then he was going to reject you and marry me" she began crying softly and her whole body was shaking with her sobs. I released her hand and sat back with a frown on my face taking in all that she just told me I only nodded my head for her to continue. "Bu....but two days ago he came to me and told me that we had to break it off because he was be....being forced to stay with you"

I took in a sharp breath to try and calm the pain that was ripping thru my body. I could feel my dragons pain at hearing this and she was scratching the surface to get out, but I pushed her back. "I see..." Was all I could say when she stopped talking. I got up from my seat and thanked her for talking to me and left the restaurant with shaky leg's. I don't know how I made it back to my room but when came back from my thoughts I was sitting in the room in front of the fireplace just staring out in front of me. "So... Was it all to good to be true after all?".........