The Ceremony Part Three

The old lady went to the maid and cleaned the cup and dagger of the blood on it, other people came from somewhere, I didn't see before and helped the two people to get up and moved them to the back of the room together out of our sight. They were not allowed to leave until the ceremony was finished, they were informed and that seemed a bit harsh to me. Their whimpering could be heard at the back of the room and it was making me and the other girls very nervous, it would have been better if they were not there. The same thing was done over and over again until all eight men was gone with eight of the woman, only myself and the young woman next to me remained. My brows furrowed at this and my curiosity grew to see what would happen next, there were no other men remaining and it looked like me and her were leaving without having to go through the same ordeal. Turning my head, I tried to see the others and how they were doing, but movement from the front made me whip my head back to see what was going on.

The two men on the stage got up and came down to stand where the other eight men use to stand, they looked regal and stiff, like they didn't want to be here as much as we didn't want to. The old lady came to the young woman next to me, who was shaking like a leave and looked like she was going to pass out any second or piss herself which ever one came first. With fists clenched I was grinding down hard on my teeth not to grab the dagger from the old woman and throw it as far as I could or stab someone with it, preferably her. Didn't they realise that the events that happened before would scare the shit out of all of us, couldn't they handle things differently?. Again the same thing was done and the two young people fell to the ground in pain, I could hear her knees hitting the ground. I kneeled next to the girl to try and help her, throwing all caution to the wind, I felt protective over her and it might have had to do with her being the youngest of us all. This time other people came and took the two away, but not to the back of the room. They took them behind the chairs and I was faced with the other man in front of me, cursing in my head for thinking that I would ever be lucky enough to miss this part of the ceremony. During the whole thing Catherine sat still without saying a word, she was only watching with a satisfied smile on her face, like things was going exactly like she hoped it would. Now she stood with her hands clamped together in front of her, with a concerned look, it seems it was my time to go through this shit and my body was vibrating with a mix of emotions. So much for having no emotions, it seemed my off switch on them was busted at this point, probably from using it to much over the years and these last couple of days.

The old lady came to me and asked for my hand, I shook my head no and kept my hands clenched into fists beside myself, to hell with them and being submissive and meek. "My dear, I know you're hard headed but we will force you if we have to, but we don't want to do it the hard way" I looked at her with angry fire burning eyes assessing what the woman said. I was done staying quiet and I was done letting things just happen. "NO" I said forcefully, keeping my hands were they were. I wasn't going to go through what the others went through Hell No. She nodded and looked at the big bulky men that I assumed were her hence men, they came to me and grabbed my hands, pulling one towards the old woman, forcing my hand open for her. I struggled and kicked but they were stronger than me and nothing I did worked, what the hell did they feed these men?. When the blade cut into my hand I didn't make a sound or winced at the pain, the anger in me made me not to feel anything and was reaching boiling point. For a second it felt like something was sifting inside of me, like there was something inside of me that I didn't notice before now, but it happened so fast I thought I had imagined it.

The man took the cup and drank from it but his eyes never left my face, the pain that shot through my body after a few minutes was unbearable, my whole body was burning up and my bones felt like they were turning into liquid. Being no stranger to pain with all the abuse in my life, I fell to the ground, all the while cursing under my breath; Catherine came and pushed the servants away from me. "I will help this one, go and get her room ready" she orders in a strained voice, I could swear there was a hint of anger in it. The pain subsided enough for me to get back up on my feet. "Let go of me" I hissed through my teeth to Catherine, it almost came out as a growl, shocked at hearing my voice Catherine lets go of my arm. "Well so you decided to speak after all, I am glad" she smiled at me, I wanted to wipe the smile from her face, and rip her head of. The man came to his feet as well and walked over to us "I will take her now if you don't mind" his voice was like velvet deep and strong, a shiver ran down my spine when he spoke. I could barely stand up and most definitely didn't want him touching me, he came to stand in front of me and cupped my cheek in his hand, rubbing it back and forth, making my skin burn with every stroke he made. For some reason that calmed me down a bit and my anger subsided, it made the scowl on my face deepen but distracted me enough make the pain come back full force and I fell to my knees again, my poor knees were going to be black and blue if this continued. I started doing my breathing exercises which always helped me in the past, but I still felt a bit weak and although the pain was subsiding little by little it was still there making the shaking continue, the burning feeling inside of me lessened and the fog in my brain from the pain cleared a little, making me able to think better again. When all of this is over and done with and I am still alive I am going to burn this place to the ground with all of them inside it, I couldn't believe that I was capable of having thoughts like these....