Chapter 22

Mike's Past...

"Ken! Wait for me!" I ran towards my best friend who was running inside the school. "Haha! Try to catch me Mike!" He ran even faster as I ran across the football field towards the third grade classroom. I closed my eyes and ran. BUMP. I rubbed my head and got up. Ken was standing there like a statue. "Mike? Look ahead." He was speaking so coldly. I got up. I saw it. Rage swelled up. There, was Y/n. Two boys were bullying her. I could feel her pain fuel my anger and Ken's as we walked forward. "Hey. Cut that out." I kicked the 5th grader's leg. Hard. "Ay! You want a beating?!" said his 6th grade friend. "Actually. That's gonna be you, soon." Ken pointed to the weak, crying Y/n. The boy looked at her, then back at Ken. He helped his friend up. "Yeah right." Me and Kensuke smiled. Twisted, ugly smiles. Inhuman. The two boy's eyes became shocked and fearful. "H-hey?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Stop freaking smiling like that!" We walked forward. I took out my pocket knife. Kensuke took out his sharp scissors. The boys tried to run away, but met head first with the school wall. They fell flat on the hard stone porch, out cold. They never opened their eyes...

"COME ON!! THE POLICE ARE GONNA CATCH US!" I ran so hard. Ken ran fast behind me. It had been a year since we had murdered those two bullies, and the police had finally found our weapons in the abandoned locker. They were chasing us. I almost tripped over a crack as me and Ken ran towards the beach. There was a few boats. "WATER, OR FOREST?!" cried Ken from in the back. I didn't want to be on land. "WATER!!" We jumped on the boat. We were going to have to sail out to sea, and we had already said goodbye to our families. They were going to finish off the police. Ken let the engine rip. We bumped over all of waves.

It had been two days. I suddenly saw land. "KEN! THERE'S A CITY! I THINK IT'S... NEW SHOREHAM ISLAND!" Ken ran towards the front of the boat. We cheered. We were saved from starvation.

We put the boat somewhere under a bridge. We ran into the city, cold and hungry. We only knew one person here. Sasha. She was like a cousin. She was also a yandere. She didn't take sides. She told us we could use her house for anything. We stayed there for two weeks. Our parents came to get us. They said they had destroyed most of the police. We were not legally guilty. Not anymore. We would live here, until it was time for us to go back to Y/n again. Me and Ken separated as we got older, as both of us wanted Y/n. We got into an argument. "I WOULD KILL YOU FOR Y/N!!" screamed Kensuke. My face fell into darkness. "Well then, I would do the same..."

I met Alexander. He was a good friend. He said he wouldn't kill me for anyone. I showed him a picture of Y/n, and he fell in love too. We knew she wouldn't remember us. Her injuries were mind racking.

We were leaving to go back to Buffalo. Alexander was coming with us. He was old enough to support himself. I saw Ken at the airport. Me and Alexander walked over to him. We stared into each other's faces. "Well... let the best yandere win..."