Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Nervousness rushed over Heaven as she sat in her chair. Today was her big day. Granted, she was already married to the man of her dreams, it didn't matter to her. She didn't expect to get these butterflies until she awoke in her empty bed and saw that Quincy had already left for the day. The house was big enough for the both of them to remain inside, and Quincy promised to leave before she woke up. He kept to that promise, and Heaven was carried to the venue like precious cargo by Christi. There had been a ton of changes to the wedding since she originally began planning, but she was happy about every single one of them.

"Aren't you excited?" Christi asked as she walked around in her lounge pants. It was only nearing time for them to begin getting dressed, and Heaven couldn't help her stomach fluttering.

"Excited? Girl, I am nervous," Heaven told her truthfully.

Christi chuckled. "Why are you nervous? You've been with that man for all these years. Nothing will change."

"Everything has changed," Heaven corrected. Everything had indeed changed with them. They were currently acting like adults and a family. They had dinner together every single night. With the wedding ceremony nearing, Quincy had neglected the sex department. He wanted everything to be special for their honeymoon. Heaven was feigning, and couldn't wait for this ceremony was over so she could hop on somebody's plane and hop right on her husband.

Christi stared at her best friend for a moment. Happiness was written all over her. She had never seen Heaven in such a good space in her life. She smiled so much often. Whenever Quincy was near her, she couldn't help but blush. It was the same thing with Quincy. He'd been working, and wouldn't allow the work problems to get to him. At the end of the day, he went home to the woman of his life. Christi had spoken to the both of them separately about their progress and she came to the conclusion that their troubles brought them closer together.

Sharon entered the back room and looked between Christi and Heaven. "Stop before you make Sensitive cry!" She scolded Christi. Heaven laughed softly and rolled her eyes.

"I am not sensitive," she replied.

Sharon rolled her eyes. "Girl please. You cry at the mention of Quincy."

Heaven perked at the mention of her husband. "How is he?"

Sharon shook her head. She knew that the question would come sooner than later. "He's fine. A bit nervous, but he's fine."

"Quincy is nervous?" Christi mocked jokingly. She had never heard of him being nervous ever in her life. She thought it was hilarious, actually. Heaven's phone soon went off, which meant that it was time for them to start getting ready. Christi decided to get dressed first in her black and gold bridesmaids dress. It was Quincy's idea to change the colors of the wedding, which meant changing a lot of things. The red and teal were simply too loud for his liking.

"It fits you perfectly!" Heaven exclaimed as she looked at her friend. They had hired two photographers, one for Heaven and another for Quincy. When the wedding began, they would take pictures there, as well.

"It better had," Christi told her. "I had to stop eating my favorite foods to get in this dress."

Heaven chuckled, because she had to do some work on her physique, as well. The last thing she wanted to do was look a mess in her wedding dress. Luckily, her curves were simply perfect. Her husband reassured her of that every single day.

Makeup and hair had been done, and Heaven was getting placed into her Julie Vino dress. She had decided to switch from Vera Wang to Galia Lahav's "Giselle" dress. It was a beautiful white gown with so much body to it. When Heaven saw it, she immediately fell in love with the dress. It was enough to make her just want to use her Vera Wang gown for the reception.