Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

It had been weeks since the two communicated. Heaven knew where to find Quincy, but he usually wasn't in those places. He had his friends very much so tight lipped on his whereabouts. His grandmother, Barbra, and mother, Sharon, weren't handing out facts. It was clear that everyone sympathized with Heaven, but their loyalty was placed with their best friend and family member.

When they talked about the last day, she didn't really think that Quincy was all that serious about it. Was their age difference really a big problem for him? It was only four years. Four small years. If she were sixteen or seventeen, they wouldn't have this problem. But, because she was fifteen, there was one?

The morning after their first night together, they sat and he basically told her that she could remain at his grandmother's house, but he wouldn't be around much. He didn't know if he could really handle being with someone that was viewed as jail bait. It hurt Heaven, forcing her to remove herself from his grandmother's home. Thankfully, her mother had broken up with her man, allowing Heaven to return back home.

The corner store was where Heaven found herself. They had ran out of snacks at home, and she couldn't function properly. Pulling up in her car, she immediately got out. She bypassed the crowd of guys standing near the door. There was always a crowd at the door. The store was like a meeting spot for teenagers and gangs. Heaven never found herself worrying about anything, because there was an unspoken rule for her. Quincy's name rang bells.

No, Quincy wasn't a thug or a drug dealer. His father's name was known in the streets. Because of that simple affiliation, no one bothered anyone that had connections with Quincy. Even though Quincy and his father rarely talked, it was always known that if Quincy needed something done, all he had to do was ask.

"Sup, Ma?" One of the boys asked Heaven as she tried to enter the building. She scolded him.

"Is your mother around?" She asked him in annoyance.

"No..?"

"Then who the fuck are you talking to, because I don't have any kids," she spat. All she wanted to do was get snacks and go back home.

"Ahh, I see. You're bitter cause that nigga left you? You mad cause his new bitch better than you?"

His new bitch?

"What are you talking about?" Heaven asked him curiously. She had erased the fact that he was just annoying her only seconds ago.

"Don't act like you ain't heard."

"I ain't heard shit."

He eyed her for a moment. It was as if he was trying to figure out if she was bullshitting or not. Heaven wasn't. Everyone had left her in the dark, and she was angry about it. If it was true that he had another girl, Heaven didn't know what she would do.

"He's with this new shorty. I don't know no names, but he hanging on her block now."

"Which is?"

The guy gave her all the information she needed to know. Heaven thanked him and went into the store to get her items. Her mind ran with the information. She was pissed off, and needed to see Quincy. The block wasn't far from where he usually was, but you wouldn't have guessed Quincy would be there. It was easy to spot where he was, because she knew the entire crew's vehicles. Heaven parked in the driveway and got out. She wouldn't cause a scene...yet. Her behind planted on the hood of her car. She was giving anyone five minutes before she started making her scene.