Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Heaven looked out the window of the rehab facility. She had been here for an entire week, now, and she was promised a better life. She was told that they would work with her to make sure that even when things got tough, she wouldn't make the decision to commit suicide. They also wanted to work with her on expressing her feelings. For Heaven, that was a big step. She held so much in and accepted so much that she didn't bother with expressing herself until things hit the fan.

"You ready, Heaven?" Dr. Montgomery asked her from behind. Dr. Montgomery had placed her in the facility under the rule that she would be the only person speaking to Heaven professionally. Because of their close relationship, Dr. Montgomery knew that Heaven wouldn't talk to any and everyone.

Heaven turned around and smiled brightly at the older woman. Dr. Montgomery was like a mother to Heaven. She was the one that listened to her and helped her through her problems. "Yeah," Heaven told her with a head nod. They were going to have a session together.

Heaven sat down in the comfortable black chair. Dr. Montgomery sat down two cups of hot chocolate Heaven's favorite. "I brought doughnuts, too," she said before placing the box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the table as well. Heaven's eyes grew with happiness. She opened the box and removed one of the doughnuts. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Dr. Angela Montgomery replied before opening her notebook. "So, how have you been?"

Heaven shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine."

"Care to elaborate?"

Heaven looked down at the doughnut for a moment. "I'm better than what I was a week ago."

"How were you a week ago?"

A soft smile appeared on Heaven's face. "I felt like I didn't have a choice. I felt like my husband wouldn't love me anymore."

"Do you feel that way now?"

Confidently, she shook her head. "My husband loves me very much." She was more than confident when she spoke that sentence. Even though Quincy resided in his very own rehab facility, he made sure to contact her whenever he could. They were going through the entire thing together. It didn't matter to them that they wouldn't see one another until the end of the journey, that's what made them want to work harder.

"Let's talk about Quincy. How are you without him being here physically?"

Heaven thought about it. "The first night, I cried. I cried hard because I didn't think I would make it. I didn't know if I could do this without him being physically here."

"Did you tell him that?" Angela Montgomery questioned. She knew that the two were communicating, because it was her that set it up that way. Even though she wasn't Quincy's main counselor, she still went to his facility to have sessions with him.

"I did, and he told me that he cried, too. He said that he didn't like leaving me in this time, but it was something that we needed to do. He's strong for the both of us."

Angela smiled brightly. Heaven and Quincy's love was admirable to her. Even though they could cause some destruction within one another, you could still tell that they loved one another. It wasn't until they nearly died did they realize exactly what they were doing to one another.

"Have you had any visitors?" Angela asked her. Having visitors would be important for Heaven. She needed to see exactly who her real friends and family were.

"Christi, Anthony, and Armani. Quincy's mother said that she'll stop by today," Heaven answered nonchalantly. Even to this day, it amazed Heaven how it was Anthony that found her. They weren't as close as her, Christi, and Armani, but he had done a lot for Quincy and Heaven in two days.