Chapter Five

Chapter 5

"Have you seen my black tie?" Quincy asked Heaven for the third time. She was annoyed by now, because nothing seemed to be going right. Quincy couldn't find any of his wardrobe, and Heaven was close to snapping on him.

"All those damn ties in there, and you keep asking about one?" Heaven snapped from the bathroom. They were both nervous about today. Neither of them spoke much last night, because they knew what could happen. Dr. Montgomery had a way of getting things out of the couple. She could make them cry and smile at the same time. Just when you thought you were emotionally drained, she made you remember the reason why you were even together.

"It goes with this suit. Shit just walk away in this house?!"

"Dammit, maybe Peyton hid it!" Heaven snapped, not even thinking about her words.

"Then I'll never find it!" Quincy sighed before just grabbing another tie. He walked into the bathroom, and glanced Heaven's way. She was wearing a tight skirt that he'd never seen. One thing Quincy always did was take notice in the outfits that his wife wore. His mother always told him that his attentive trait would get him far in his relationship.

"When did you buy that?" Quincy questioned her as he grabbed a hold of the Armani watch. Heaven's eyes scanned her Burberry pencil skirt, and a soft small formed. "Remember that day you came home, and just pissed me off?"

"The day you literally took off without a word?"

Heaven laughed. "Yeah. I took your card and went shopping with Christi." Quincy's face dropped from amusement. He hated when Heaven got mad to the point where his money meant nothing to her. Yes, they had a joint account, but he knew that whenever Heaven got mad, she immediately went for the jugular – his account. "Heaven, seriously?"

Heaven shrugged. "Don't piss me off again." Quincy couldn't say a word. Heaven was his match. She was a boss in her own right. She challenged him, and he loved every bit of it. He loved the fact that she didn't allow him to control her. She was quick to remind him that he was her husband, not her daddy. The couple soon left their home to attend their therapy session together.

Nervously, the couple entered the office building that their therapist resided in. Heaven's eyes scanned the waiting room. They had remodeled practically everything, which was something that Dr. Montgomery talked about often. She liked change, so Heaven wasn't really surprised. They walked up to the receptionist station where the brunette sat.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She questioned.

"We have an appointment with Dr. Montgomery."

"Last name?" She asked as she turned to her computer screen. It was procedure at that place that they asked for your last name.

"Jacobs," Heaven responded.

"Alright, Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs, Dr. Montgomery is actually ready for the two of you now," she said before grabbing a folder and walking around the desk. She escorted the two of them to the office. Dr. Montgomery stood to her feet.

"Heaven!" Dr. Montgomery greeted the twenty one year old with a big hug. "How have you been?" She asked before giving Quincy a hug, as well.

"And you. How are you?"

Heaven smiled and took her seat on the black couch. "Hi, Dr. We've been living. How are you?" Heaven asked.

"Living?" Dr. Montgomery asked as she grabbed her notepad. She went through the normal procedure of telling them that she would record the conversations for her notes for later. Writing was usually an afterthought for her.