Chapter 9: Fly?

Chapter 9: Fly?

Fionna’s POV

We finally finished eating at the old grocery store. Yes, we found some food there, most of them are expired already, but there are some that don’t.  Now I and little Marshall are wandering through the big abandoned city.

“Hey, Marshall.” I said. “I’m tired. Can you fly us through?”

“What?” He said.

“Can you fly us through this city? Because my feet hurts from all this walking.”

“Fionna, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh. Yeah, I mean your feet. Your feet don’t feel pain. Sorry.”

“No. My feet hurts too. What I mean is I don’t know what you are talking about. What do you mean by ‘can you fly?’ what’s that about?”

“You don’t know how to fly yet?”

“’yet’? What do you mean by ‘yet’?”

“I mean, yet! Because sooner or later you’ll be able to fly, right?”

“No. Demons can’t fly, dummy! You’re so weird.” He giggled a bit.

“ Wah?” I just kept on walking after that. Lil’ Marshall’s fallowing me. Then an idea popped out in my mind.

“Hey, Marshall Lee!” I said to him. “Want me, to teach you how to fly?”

“What?”

“It’s very simple, see? All you have to do is you have to think happy thoughts!”

“What are you, crazy?”

“Come on, just do it!”

“Ok. Even though I don’t know what’s gotin’ in to you.”

He closed his eyes, and started to think some happy thoughts. You know where I got that idea? From the Peter Pan story that Cake used to tell me. Peter Pan always say that “If you want to fly, (all you need is friendship) you have to think happy thoughts!” And I guess this might work!

“Fionna, it’s not working.” Marshall said while his eyes are still closed.

“Ok. Ok. I’ll think of something else.” I said, then I started to think of something else to do. *ting!* another idea popped in my mind! “Ok! Another saying that Peter Pan always says is “All you have to do to fly is Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!” Now do it, lil’ marshie!”

“…………Who’s Peter Pan?”

“Just do it!”

“Ok! Faith. Check! Trust. Check! Pixie Dust. Che—wait a sec! We don’t have any Pixie Dust!”

“Oh, yeah. I’ll get some for you!” I grabbed some ashes on the street. “Here’s your pixie dust!”

“Fionna, that’s just ash.”

“It’s just the same, now do it!”

“I can’t fly just because of some ashes sprinkled on me.”

“Aww, ok I give up. Let’s get going.”

TO BE CONTINUED…