Chapter 29: Depression ~ THE END

They both stared at Simone for a while, they don't know what to say to her after all the happenings. "....what are you staring at?" Simone asked with a confuse face, staring back at both of them.

"uh..." The vampire coughed. "Simone, you see... it's... Marshall Lee. His mom..."

"WHAT?!" Simone shouted in surprise. "Hanna?! Hanna is here?! Where is she?!" She said while looking everywhere, leaning her head left to right.

"She's not here, Simone. She left, with Marshall Lee." Fionna held Simone's hand looking concerned. The excited look from Simone's face quickly faded away.

"...oh." She sighed. "Well, I guess... she finally came back for him, huh?" Simone sniffed her nose, a tear is visible falling from her eye. "Too bad. I.... always wanted to have a little chat with her..."

"Simone." The vampire gave her a sad look, feeling bad for his old friend.

"No, I'm fine." She bit her lips. "I'm fine..." It has been a bit silence that time until she stood up and started to pack her bag with supplies.

"...Simone." Fionna sighed.

"It's okay." She noted. "I'm gonna be okay, it really seems like my work for Marshall is done, he's been reunited with his mother so... there's nothing I can do. Might as well continue this journey by myself."

"No, Simone..."

"Y-you two should go back to where you came from... You kids already messed too much in this timeline." She wiped her tears with her hand as she said so, and continued to pack her bag.

"Simone, come on, you can't just..."

"Didn't you heard me?! I said go! Go back to where the heck you've came from! I-I don't care if you're from the moon or something, just GO! I don't need ANY OF YOU!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!" She cried, at the same time she yelled so hard. Fionna knows that Simone doesn't want Little Marshall Lee gone, but... she can't do anything about it. Simone's face looked so depressed, she covered her mouth with her hand, tears flowing down from it as her white eyes shed.

(There's a paper clipped between the pages, it read...)

...Marceline.

Soon, Fionna decided to go home with the vampire, they both searched for the Time Machine, not so long they both found it, and finally went home together.

"...Marshall..." Fionna shook her head. "...why... why didn't you told me about your past before...?" She said with a weak tone, it didn't felt like Fionna said those words because the vampire isn't used to this kind of tone, especially from Fionna, which he knows that Fionna is a strong girl.

"...well..." He spoke. "It's not like you would want to know about it..."

Fionna sniffed. "It just felt so unfair, Marshall... why... why does this hurt me so much?" Marshall Lee stared at her with a serious look.

"I don't know..." He replied. As the time machine goes, he feels the warm engine of it from the bottom. There was no wind flowing, only the noise the machine creates. They were both silent for a moment, until She broke it...

"Why did you came after me in the first place, Marshall?" She said as she looks at him. He didn't answered her, just a little smirk on his face he made to say "it's okay now".