Chapter 28: Sweet Melody

Fionna's POV

"Move back!" I shouted as I ran in front of the creature covering Marshall, litte marshall, and Simone. I pointed my sword towards the creature.

"Oh, dear... don't worry little girl, I'm not here to sip human blood, anyway... I'm here for him..." the creature (she) pointed at little Marshall putting a grin on its face.

"What?!" I uttered. "W-who are you?! What do you want from Marshall?!"

"...Who am I...?" She smirked. "Why, how rude of me..." She started to glare me with her eyes. She stood in front of me, and touched my chin, putting it up on her level. "...I'm just the Queen... of Vampires, little girl." She said while smiling at me. I gasped as I heard it.  Suddenly, she held my neck and started to lift me. "And I need that young man... to be a vampire. Like me. For so you know, he's not a real demon. Have any problem with that?" I tried to loosen her grip but she won't let go.

"Stop it, Ema! You're killing her!" Hanna interrupted.

"Indeed." She smirked, then she let go of me. I kneeled down to catch up my breath. I noticed that she was about to get little Marshall but then...

"Hello there, little boy. Are you Marshall Lee?" She asked sarcastically. Little Marshall moved back and grabbed Marshall's pants and covered his face. "I suppose you are. Well, Marshall Lee. I need you to do something for me, something...brave. Can you do that?" Little Marshall looked at her, frightened, he moved his head left and right to sign her a "no".

"Why, you're a quite stubborn little man... just be a good boy and listen to auntie!" She Forcibly grabbed little Marshall's hand. Little Marshall "eeped" as she did so.

"Hey!" I was surprised when Marshall suddenly shouted. Ema looked at him. "Let him go! He doesn't want to go with you!!" He said to her.

Ema looked at him with a curious look. "Well, well, what do we have here...?" She assigned. She looked at him more with those devilish eyes. Marshall just kept glaring back. "a Vampire, I see..." she said at him. Suddenly noticed the bite marks at his neck. "...But I believe you're quite not after all. Who are you?" Marshall stayed quiet for a minute. But when he's about to speak Little Marshall escaped from her grip and ran over to me.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said. "I'm scared, Fionna. What she gotta do with me?" He said while losing a tear. I didn't respond and just hugged him.

"..YOU LITTLE BRAT!! GIVE HIM BACK!!" Ema screamed.

"No! Leave him alone! He didn't do anything to you!!" I shouted. Just as I'm about to run away, a hand grabbed my shoulder. It was Hanna. She has this worried yet scared look on her face.

"Give him back." Hanna stated. When I saw her I can't help but just slap her face. *SLAP* there, I slapped her now, everybody go home! :b Silence filled the place, nobody spoke. Until I did.

"YOU'RE HIS MOTHER! What the HECK are you thinking giving him to this MONSTER LADY?!" I shouted at her face.

"Just give him back, Fionna. Please." Again she said.

"NO!" I said.

"Please, just give him b—"

"NO! A hundred times, NO!" Again I shouted at her face. "You're the one who told me to TAKE CARE of him while YOU'RE GONE!! And now you're trying to HURT HIM?! You're just gonna give him AWAY?!"

"I don't WANT to HURT him!!" She shouted back. I saw tears started to fill her eyes. "But I don't HAVE a CHOICE! As a RULER I NEED to protect my people from any sort of disaster!! And I can't risk their lives for just one PERSON!! Even I don't want this! But RESPONSIBILITY means SACRIFICE!! As a RULER of the Night'o Sphere, I NEED to SACRIFICE even if that means I have to LOSE MY SON!!"

"What about as a MOTHER TO YOUR SON HUH?!" I proclaimed. "YOU DON'T HAVE ANY LOVE FOR HIM?!"

"Of course I do, Fionna! I love my son as much as I loved my husband! But I don—"

"But not as much as your PEOPLE! You always say you love him but you really don't CARE about him!!" Again, It was silent. "....you don't love him. Not really. Right?"

"No, of course I love him, Fionna!"

"Then why did you left him?! Why did you left THEM?!"

"I left to find a substitute for my Father!"

"You didn't came back! Instead you stayed in the Night'oSphere!"

"I did intend to come back, But..."

"But what?!" She didn't talked. Instead she just looked at little Marshall's face. Tear by tear her face was just getting frightened and frightened.

"...Marshall..." She spoke. "Do you... love mommy?" She wept. Marshall looked at her with his innocent face.

"I do mommy. I love you very much, but..." He looked down on the floor. "I don't think you love me too..."

"O-of course mommy loves you! I love you very much, honey! I really do...!" She hugged him after she has said that.

"...daddy misses you, mommy." Little Marshall said.

"H-he do...?"

"Yes. Everytime I see him whenever if he's inside the bedroom or the kitchen... he always say that he misses you...when you will come back for us... but... one day... at the park... there were bombs everywhere... and...and... he grabbed my hand, but... I lost him..." Little Marshall cried as he say. I saw Marshall Lee looking really sad and almost had a tear falling down to his face. (simone's still unconscious)

"oh, I'm so sorry sweetheart! I miss daddy too..." She continued to hug him. Then she looked at him. "What do you say if you come with mommy? In that way we won't be apart anymore. You won't be lonely."

"But..."

"Please... mommy misses you very much. You can visit your friends everytime you want anyway."

"..promise?"

"Promise." She said while placing her finger a cross sign.

"Okay." Marshall said.

"Really? You'll go with mommy?"

"Yes." Marshall hugged her. "I do."

"B-but Marshall...!!" I called.

"Don't worry Fionna, I visit you guys soon. and... tell Simone that I love her, and I'll come back for her, okay?" He smiled at me.

"You sure, Marshall?"

"...Yes. I wanna be with mommy." Suddenly, a portal appeared and a light came out. After its gone, there's no Marshall. Only three of us in the room, quietly. Suddenly... Simone became conscious.

"...Ugh...what...?" She groaned.

"Oh....F*CK." me and marshall said.

TO BE CONTINUED...

AN: Whew! LONG CHAPTER! XD