Chapter 4: Fionna The Human

Marshall’s POV

I woke up in a nice soft sofa, a pillow on my head, and a little blanket on my body. I saw that a fire is been light-up on a fireplace. By the fireplace there sits the girl I met yesterday, she was asleep, her hands were placed on her nee, her face is in peace as if she was like and angel. She’s so beautiful and fair. Her skin is color flesh, nice and warm.  Her hair is like the golden sunshine, she wears a color blue T-shirt, and a blue skirt. She looks pretty nice, though. But I remember what happened last night, it was so sad. I don’t want to remember it again… This girl says bad things, I don’t like it… I don’t like it at all… Who is this girl? Where did she come from? Is she really a human like Simone? If so, how did she survive? I have so many questions to her.  I walked towards her and looked into her face. Wondering all those things.

“Huh?” She suddenly opened her eyes. “Wha-why, Marshall. You’re awake already?” She asked me. “Did you sleep well?”

“Uh…” I don’t know what to say.

“It’s ok. Don’t answer me. First things first, we need to move now.”

“What? What do you mean?” I asked.

“We need to leave this building now, it’s about to collapse.”

“But I can’t leave the building, miss! Simone will---“

“Look, Marshall. She will not come back.”

“No!”

“Yes! Marshall, why do you think it’s taking her too long just to find food? Didn’t you even thought that she already left you? Or maybe she was killed? Or maybe the mutants ate her?! And spilled her guts out and blood?!”

“EW! What?!”

“Oh, sorry. I mean. Didn’t you ever think that she was already GONE?!”

“She can’t be. She promised me that she will come back.”

“Well she’s not. And I won’t leave you here just because you want to stay.”

“But I… She’s… no…”

“Marshall, I’m doing this because I love you.” She placed her hand on my shoulder. Those words… Simone used to say that to me when she hurts me… I felt warm inside when she said that.

“Ok, miss. Let’s go.” I said to her. I don’t know what really made me say that. Maybe it’s because of what she said.

“Alright.” She agreed. ”And by the way, call me Fionna ok?”

“Ok.”

  We left the building and started wondering in the wrecked city. Then we came across an abandoned book shop. Fionna started searching over the books, I wonder what is she looking for? Few minutes pasted, she’s still searching on the books. She looks really exhausted so I decided to help her; I asked her what kind of book she’s searching. She said it’s the Enchiridion, hmm… Kinda sounds familiar to me maybe I heard it somewhere before. We were searching for the book when suddenly we heard a scream from outside the book shop. We hurried to go outside and looked where is the voice came from. We came across a street and I can’t believe of what I saw…

TO BE CONTINUED…