Chapter 3: Marshall Lee

Fionna’s POV

“Oh. My name is Marshall Lee Abadeer, miss.”

“What…?” What did I just hear?! MARSHALL LEE---WHAT?! “He-hey, kid. Did you just say you’re Marshall Lee??? I mean---as in “The Marshall Lee????”

“Yes, miss!”

“Oh, my great glob…” I whispered to myself.

“What is that miss? You’re saying something? :) ”

“Oh, no, no, nothing. But how did… ho-how…Who is this Simone you’re talking about?! Is she your mother?!”

“Hahahahahahaha!” The boy burst out of laughter. “She’s not my Mommy, miss. I told you, she’s my friend.”

“Then who is she?!”

“I don’t exactly know. She doesn’t talk too much about herself.”

“You mean you’re with a stranger?! HOW COULD YOU?! DON’T YOUR MOM TOLD YOU ABOUT STRANGERS?!”

“No, she doesn’t. And I haven’t seen my mom before, so no.”

“Oh, yeah. You don’t get along too much, I forgot. Sorry Marshall.”

“So are you gonna tell me your name, miss? ‘Cause I hate calling you miss. Hehehe…”

“Yeah, sure! Sorry… I’m Fionna.”

“Are you a human?”

“Yes, I am!”

“YAY! I found one human! YAY! I’m gonna tell Simone when she comes back! Wait… Aren’t humans have blue skin? Because Simone has a blue skin…”

“What? Blue? No. We don’t have that.” I giggled bit. Me, having blue skin? This little Marshall is so cute and funny.

“Oh, well. I’m still gonna tell her!” He jumped happily and started to run around.

“Wait, you said she left 3 weeks ago, haven’t you thought that she already left you?”

“WHAT?! SHE’S DEAD?! NO! Waaaaahhhhh!!!! SIMONE!!!” He started crying. Oh, gosh!

“Oh, no! No! No! No! I didn’t mean that she’s dead!”

“Waaaahhh---what? Ok.” He stopped crying.

“I mean that… Haven’t you thought that she abandoned you?”

“*GASP* Simone would never do that!”

“Yeah, but---“

“Simone loves me! Don’t you dare say that!”

“Oh, no. I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I just---“

“She would never abandon me!” He started crying again. “She loves me…! We will find my Daddy and we will be happy! Me, Daddy, Homba, and Simone! Will live happily!”

While saying that… He’s sobbing really hard. Glob, I didn’t mean to make him cry… I’m just concerned about him. “Marshall… I’m sorry of what I said, just-just stop crying ok?”

“SHUT UP!!!”

“But Marshall…”

“GO AWAY!!! I DON’T WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN!!! LEAVE!!!!”

Oh, no… He’s so upset, I-I don’t want to leave him alone… “Shh… Marshall, it’s ok..” I hugged him in my arms.

“N-no! Don’t touch me! L-leave….” He’s trying to let go, but I will not let that happen…

“I’m so sorry, Marshall…”

“No….! No……”

Hours passed… He fell asleep. I never knew his childhood is this hard…

I’m so sorry…

TO BE CONTINUED…….