Chapter 18: Like Old Times

Marshall Lee’s POV

“AAAHHH!!!” I shouted while the whole Time Machine shaked the flip outta me. Geez, Bubba should’ve fixed this thing better, than trying to make it work. Then suddenly, the whole machine stopped. I must’ve landed. It’s daytime. I stepped outside and saw the whole wrecked city. The trees are protecting me from the sun, because of its shade. This is the sight I swear I wouldn’t want to see in my whole life again. It’s just refreshing the whole incident in my memory, and I don’t want to remember that horrible thing again. It frightens me.

“Pull yourself together, Marshall! This is no time to be so emotional about yourself!!” I slapped my face. “You have to save Fionna! ...but how…?” First, I grabbed a bunch of leaves and formed them into an umbrella.

“Okay. First stop, the stinky wrecked city! I think when I was a kid, I already know the whole city’s every area. Maybe I can search this city for just an hour. But… it is been 996 years, I must’ve forgotten it. Whatever.”

3 Hours Later…

“GAAAAHHHH!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY????!!!!” I screamed. It has been 3 hours since I started looking in the city. I’ve been circling this place for so long! I think I’m already lost! I sat under a stome bridge and started blaming Gumwad. This is all his freakin’ damn fault! He’s the one who should’ve been doing this, not me! (marshall, you’re the one who wants to save fionna, not gumball.)

“Gah! This pisses me off!!” I kicked a rock that has been lying on the ground. It hit an old truck and got crushed because of the impact.

“Stupid rock!” I muttered. Then suddenly, I heard a groan coming from the truck. It was a goo monster. And not only one! It’s like, an army of ugly, stinky, horrible, gruesome, goo monsters! I ran at the middle of the street, wait, I can float. Why can’t I just float? Ugh. Stupid. Then I floated. I headed towards an old house and grabbed an old stupid drawer, I looked somewhere in the city to throw the drawer away, so that the monsters would follow it. Then I saw that weird side of the city and looks like there’s a storm going on in there, and only on that part. So I threw the drawer that way, and the goo monsters followed it like some idiots.

“Hah! Stupid ugly goo monsters!” I mocked at them. “Sayonara! Go face the storm in that place!” I waved my hand and turned my back around them. “Wait...” I said. “…is that a snow storm going on in there…?” I turned around and saw a snow storm. “Oh, no!! What have I done?!” I gasped. I just led the goo monsters towards where Simone is! “Stupid, stupid, stupid!!” I hit my head. I have to go there! I hurried and started to float towards there, but before I can even get closer, I saw a thing flew like a jet. It’s so fast, I don’t even know if that’s my imagination or what! Then I notices that the snow storm in that area is over, and the goo monsters are all dead, forming the dead bodies like a straight path so you could get out… what the heck happened?

Whatever. I lost track of Simone, I better get some rest first. I’ll find Fionna later…

TO BE CONTINUED…

AN: Guess from what chapter this is connected to…! ;)