Chapter 2: The Mushroom War

Fionna’s POV

“Wait… What…? What happened?” I scratched my head, everything’s black, it’s dark… “What is—OUCH!” I bumped my head on the ceiling, oh, yeah. I remember, I’m in the Time Machine thingy… I opened the door and stepped outside, glob… This place is wrecked! All the buildings are destroyed… There’s smoke everywhere… There’s no one you can see… “Hmmm… So this is the Great Mushroom war… It’s more dumped than I thought.” I said to myself. “I wonder where the Enchiridion is.” Boy, in a huge place like this, I don’t think that I could find it that easily. If only there’s someone who knows the Mushroom War. I mean a Mushroom War expert. Which kinda reminds me, Marshall Lee lived during the Mushroom War, oh my glob! He’s just like a grandpa, so old. Hehehe…

“Huh?! What’s that?!” I heard something weird… Something like… a groan? A groan just like a… zombie? Or a…”wahhhhhh!!!!” I southed as I saw a big ugly monster zombie… I don’t know how to call it but it looks mutated! “WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!” I ran towards a big wrecked building, I closed the door, the mutant was gone. “Whew! That was close!’ I said to myself. “One more minute I could have been a goner! Huh?” I saw a light coming out from a room, there must be other people here. “Hello? Is someone here?”  

I opened the door and inside there were many books. “Hey, maybe the Enchiridion is here.” Isaid to myself. I  seach through the books. “These books are all junks.” I muttered. “There’s no book about adventures, or monsters. Ugh! There is only Science and medical books!”

“Is someone there?” I heard a voice coming out from the room. “Simone, you’re here?” The voice continued. After that a little boy entered the room holding a stuffed bear toy.

“Oh.” He said. “Why, lady. Why are you here?”

“Oh, um… Boy. Um… I’m sorry for bragging here in your house. I uh…”

“Don’t worry.” The boy said. “This is not my house, I’m just staying here.”

“Oh. Ok… So are you alone? You don’t have anyone with you?”

“No. I have Homba.” He held the little toy. “And Simone is with me. But she’s still away right now. She’s finding food for us.”

“Who’s Simone?” I asked.

“She’s my friend. She’s helping me find my Daddy.”

“When did she left you?”

“She left 3 weeks ago to find food. She’s still not coming back. It must have been so hard to find food to take her that long to find one…” What? 3 weeks ago? That’s so long! Poor boy, he must have been abandoned by that Simone. Ugh! I’m gonna punch her when I see her! Oh, anyway… Who is this boy? He looks familiar, have I seen him before?

“Uh… Little boy?”

“Yes, miss?”

“What’s your name?”

“Oh. My name is Marshall Lee Abadeer, miss.”

“What…?”

TO BE CONTINUED…