“Let's just say I came prepared” I tried to hide my smile as she spoke, shaking my head in disbelief.

“But how did you-”.

She put her finger over my mouth “Shh”.

I bit it hardly. “Ouch”. She jumped back, holding her finger. I laughed smugly, putting the caramel into my mouth and sucking on it.

“Ouch you asshole” She slapped me on the shoulder playfully. I rubbed that spot, feeling a little nerve pop out.

“You're not as weak as I thought you were”.

“Wait until you actually see how strong I am” she replied, going to sit next to me again. There was this fire in her voice when she spoke, this stubborness. It was kind of hot.

“I'm sorry” Namjoon spoke again after a while, poking his head to the side amidst the stillness. “Jungkook?”.

I didn't respond. I just discretely showed that I was paying attention.

“Are you okay?” He asked quietly.

I grabbed my leftover whiskey, taking a sip. “Ahem”. I outed while nodding my head.

I lied. I didn't feel horrible, but my mind had yet to come back to reality. It seemed to be stuck between what was here, what was real, and where it was going. I wasn't fully aware.

I just didn't want Sora to worry.

“That's great” He answered, fidgeting in his seat. He seemed to be extremely uncomfortable. “Uhm...”.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

“Uhm...” he fiddled with his fingers before talking, but weirdly didn't lose the confidence he radiated so intensely. “What exactly happened? You aren't alright are you?”.

There was something about his tone; It signalled that he was leading to something. I didn't like how curious he was, and I definetely didn't like how eager he sounded for me to answer.

I dressed my face with my practiced-to-perfection poker face. “That's none of your bussiness, and like I said before, I'm totally fine”. I answered surely.

There was a fragment of pure silence, but I premonished that it was soon going to be cut off.

“I have to tell you something” Namjoon spun around in his chair swiftly. He was looking at me with this penetrating gaze, and his eyes oozed with a sense of importance.
“You need to hear this”.

I picked up my drink, pretending to be invested in that rather than paying attention to him, but I was.

“It's about your brother” I coughed at the sound of his words, choking on my drink.

My brother? That couldn't be possible. Very few people knew about my brother. Those people were either family, or really close friends. Only those who had to know, and only those whom I trusted had ever heard about him.

Suddenly, I felt vulnerable . My stomach churned and my lips trembled. I stood up, straightening my back and collecting myself before turning his way and spreading out my arm for a handshake. He raised his eyebrow at my move, and interlocked his palm with mine.

“It was nice meeting you Namjoon” My eyes pierced through his form like a spear and there was a certain ferocity clearly audible in my voice.

I veered towards Sora, grabbing her arm and whispering in her ear quickly. “We're leaving”. I pulled her off the chair and walked to the exit with a fast pace. Sora's heels tapped loudly on the linoleum floor as she ran behind me.

“Jungkook” She shouted when she finally caught up with me. “What happened?”.

I didn't stop walking. “Namjoon is bad news”. I said harshly, and I saw Sora move back a bit. She didn't expect it.

She nodded in understanding, not asking any further questions. She could easily see that I wasn't well.

I heard other steps behind us, and I sensed another person's form behind us.

“Jungkook” Someone shouted again, out of breath. The ammount of times I had been called by my name that day was ridiculous. “Let me talk to you”.

Namjoon.

I threw him a glance and immediately hurried out to the car in the pitch black.

“I don't want to talk” I hollered.

It felt pathetic; I was basically running away. At the time though, I had also never felt prouder. This man wasn't to break me again, he wasn't to get to me. I didn't want to listen to anyone. Not with all my pride.

“I only need a little bit of your time”. He approached, trying to convince me, but I wouldn't budge.

Sora stopped in her tracks when we both reached the car. She looked mad. Her eyes had turned sharper and her aura seemed stronger. “He said he doesn't want to talk”.

Namjoon laughed. “Please move out of the way”.

“You should probably leave”. She stated, not moving an inch.

Namjoon raised his voice. “And I said you should move out of the way”. He went to touch her so he could get to me, and I almost jumped out of the car. Sora swung her arm back and punched him straight in the face before he could lay his finger on her, kneeing him in the stomach as a following.

“I said he doesn't want to talk” She moved back and joined me in the car, closing the door behind her when she got in. She sat back in the seat, her hair messy and her hands hanging on her lap.

Outside, Namjoon was grabbing his cheek and was kneeling down with a painful expression on his face, still looking at us from the window.

I was flabbergasted.

For some reason, as I studied her closely with my eyes, she had never appeared to be hotter.

She had guts, and nobody did it right like she did.

Without a second thought, I put my palm on her cheek and kissed her lips.
They tasted like tequila and oranges. The kiss was slow and sweet, but no less intense. It wasn't like the other kisses. It was completely new, and it sparked something inside me.

I separated from her, only a few inches.

As the engine roared to life, and the car started to move, I could hear Namjoon cursing loudly as he dissapeared from our sight.

I turned my focus back to Sora, moving a piece of her hair behind her ear and pecking her lips quickly.

The air was still heavy, still quiet. Sora's eyes glowed under the moonlight.

“You're so beautiful” I whispered.