Chapter 49

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

A knock came from my door before it was pushed open slightly. Turning from where I was sitting at my desk, I saw Harry enter.

"Harry!" I grinned, holding my arms out to hug him. He returned the grin, walking into my arms and hugging me tightly.

"Hey, Scar," he chuckled, pulling back to look around the room. "Is this where you've been all day?"

"Has it been all day?" I grimaced.

"From what your Mum told me," Harry shrugged. "I've only been here for a few hours."

"And nobody told me?!" I whined, throwing a small, dramatic tantrum.

"Fred told you, didn't he?" Harry tilted his head like a dog. "When he told you dinner was ready."

"You guys had dinner without me?!" I gasped, holding a hand over my chest.

"Quit the dramatics. Something's wrong." Harry folded his arms over his chest, tapping his foot like a parent waiting for their child to fess up their mistake.

"Nothings wrong," I lied. He just raised an eyebrow challengingly. "Fine. Somethings wrong. But I'm fine!"

"Sure you are," Harry nodded, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Which is why you've been up here reading all day. Scarlett. Reading. Not a good mix."

"I'll have you know I love reading," I scoffed, glancing down at the copy of Moby Dick I found packed away in the closet.

I had been confused at first to find it, considering Dad didn't seem to be much of the reader type either, but it turns out he just highlighted the word 'dick' every time it was mentioned.

"Mhm." Harry sighed. "Well if you're so fine, then I guess you won't mind if I tell Fred he's good to come up and talk with you."

"No! Please don't!" I cried out, jumping up from my chair.

"Aha! So there is something wrong!" Harry exclaimed, pointed an accusing finger at me.

"I already admitted to that!" I groaned.

"Okay, whatever," Harry huffed. "But I'm your brother, and I demand you tell me what's wrong."

"We aren't siblings by blood, you can't guilt me with that one."

Harry gasped, crying out. "How dare you!"

"Okay! I'll tell you!" I gave in, rolling my eyes as he cheered quietly.

"Alright, so what's up?"

"The sky."

"Scarlett I will throw you out the window if you don't tell me."

"Wow, Harry. That's low."

"Not as low as you..."