Chapter 13

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

Sir Cadogan was about the most annoying thing I've had to deal with since the year started. More annoying than seeing girls flirt with Fred.

Which was pretty annoying.

However, there was something that was pretty close to passing Sir Cadogan on the annoying scale.

Listening to Oliver go on and on about Quidditch.

"We've got our first match on Saturday," Oliver stated.
"So we've been told," Fred sighed, rolling his eyes in boredom.

The whole team was sat around the common room, myself and Lee on the sides.

"And we're not playing Slytherin," Oliver added, looking very angry.
"What?" The team chorused.
"We're playing Hufflepuff instead," Oliver stated.
"Why?" Angelina questioned.
"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm is still injured," said Oliver, grinding his teeth furiously. "But it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. Think it'll damage their chances..."

There had been strong winds and heavy rain all day, and as Oliver spoke, they heard a distant rumble of thunder.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" said Harry furiously. "He's faking it!"
"I know that, but we can't prove it," said Oliver bitterly. "And we've been practicing all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style is quite different. They've got a new Captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory–"

Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and I giggled.

"What?" said Oliver, frowning at the lightened behavior.
"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina, causing George to growl lowly.
"Fluffy hair," I sighed. Fred raised an eyebrow at me.
"Muscular," Alicia added dreamily.
"Um, right here," Lee stated, his lips turned into a frown.
"Sorry," Alicia smiled sheepishly.
"Strong and silent," Katie continued, causing us to start giggling again.
"He's only silent cause he's to thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff is a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?"
"We were playing in completely different conditions!" Oliver shouted, his eyes bulging slightly. "Diggory's put a very strong side together! He's an excellent Seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherin is trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!"
"Oliver, calm down!" said Fred, looking slightly alarmed. "We're taking Hufflepuff very seriously. Seriously."
"Oh would you all just calm down?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"That's easy for you to say, you don't like Quidditch," Oliver snarled, Fred elbowing him and hissing something in his ear, which caused Oliver to glare at him.
"I actually quite like watching Quidditch," I said.