Chapter 40

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

I yawned tiredly, running a hand through my hair. I struggled to keep my eyes open until Harry elbowed me in the side.

"Right, right, I'm awake," I mumbled to myself. Harry glanced over at me, signaling that he heard me, before going back to whatever it was he, Hermione, and Ron were talking about.

"Either Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking," Hermione said, rubbing her forehead.

"I don't trust anyone who thinks of themselves as superior," I scoffed. "If someone told me Crouch killed Krum then I can't honestly say I'd be surprised."

"Well that's absurd!" Hermione exclaimed. "How could you assume as much of Mr. Crouch?"

"I said if." I rolled my eyes, yawning again. "Besides it's just my opinion."

"Right," Hermione nodded, giving me a sharp look before turning away. "As I was saying, it's gotta be one of the two."

Ron and Hermione started arguing over some theory Ron had, but I didn't pay much attention as Harry leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Don't mind her," he laughed lightly under his breath. "She's gone mad with all this SPEW stuff and won't let anyone voice their opinions if it goes against her own."

"I don't care," I shrugged. "I just want to go back to bed."

Harry had decided to drag me out of my bed this morning so that we could hideout in the Owlery and talk about something the Minister and Viktor Krum did.

Or didn't do...

I don't remember.

"Just go through it again, Harry," Hermione ordered for the millionth time. "What did Mr. Crouch exactly say?"

"I've told you, he wasn't making much sense," Harry groaned, rubbing his temples. "He said he wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned Bertha Jorkins, and he seemed to think she was dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault....He mentioned his son."

"Well that was his fault," Hermione said testily.

"He was out of his mind—"

Harry continued on but I couldn't tell you with what as I started to drift off again, my head falling on Harry's shoulder.

Again I felt his elbow nudge me, this time in my stomach.

"Agh! I'm up!"

"Clearly," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Why am I here anyway?" I questioned, looking around at all of the owls fluttering around. "It's not like I'm apart of this."

"You're here because I'm your brother and I need support," Harry stated, smiling sheepishly at me.

"Yeah," I glanced at him. "You look fine."