Chapter 17

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

•This chapter is especially long and takes a lot of scenes word for word from the book. So please remember that I am giving J.K. Rowling all of the credit for those scenes•

~Scarlett~

The euphoria of the game lasted at least a week.

Even the weather seemed to be celebrating; as June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry.

O.W.L.s had come, and they had been stressful. I even found Fred and George studying at one point.

But they had ended, and it was now end of year exams for the other years.

On this particular day, however. I was exploring the grounds. Mainly around Hagrid's Hut, as I was drawn to that area. It was quite pretty. The tall hills and giant trees.

I had been admiring it for a few minutes until I had bumped into literally nothing.

"Scarlett?" A voice asked.
"Uh, someone who's invisible?" I mimicked.
"Oh, sorry, we're right here," Another voice said.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione appeared out of thin air, a big piece of fabric clutched in Harry's hand.

"Is that an Invisibility Cloak?" I questioned wide eyed.
"Yeah, we've just been using it to get back from Hagrid's," Harry stated.
"Ah," I nodded, watching as the sun set.

Ron stopped dead.

"Oh, please, Ron," Hermione began.
"It's Scabbers – he won't – stay
put–"
Ron was bent over, trying to keep Scabbers in his pocket, but the rat was going berserk; squeaking madly, twisting and flailing, trying to sink his teeth into Ron's hand.
"Scabbers, it's me, you idiot, it's Ron," Ron hissed. "Scabbers, stay put–"

Scabbers continued to squeal.

"What's the matter with you, you stupid rat? Stay still – OUCH! He bit me!"
"Ron, be quiet!" Hermione whispered urgently. "Fudge'll be out here in a minute!"
"Fudge?" I questioned.
"Yeah, they've just executed Buckbeak," Harry sighed.
"Oh, poor Hagrid," I frowned.
"He won't – stay – put –"

Scabbers was plainly terrified. He was writhing with all his might, trying to break through of Ron's grip.

"What's the matter with him?"

"Crookshanks!" Hermione moaned, and I turned to see the orange cat moving towards us. "No, go away, Crookshanks! Go away!"

But the cat was getting nearer–

"Scabbers – NO!"

Too late – the rat had slipped between Ron's clutching fingers, hit the ground, and scampered away. In one bound, Crookshanks sprang after him, and before any of us could stop him, Ron bolted after him. The three of us chased after him, panting as we ran.

"Get away from him – get away – Scabbers, come here–"

There was a loud thud.